Mad Catz Mojo hanging, crashing, freezing , lagging, frustrating.

Search This thread

Antonireykern

Jul 8, 2016
I have a very frustrating Issue with my MOJO.
I bought it in February 2015. Recently i somehow broke the Controller. And damaged the HDMI output a little.
At this moment i saw grey-colored 1080p noise on my TV. I resetted the MOJO and then it worked fine. But after this, the Problems started. The Cursor begun to freeze. Sometimes it just freezed for a couple of seconds. Sometimes it just kept freezing the whole day. First it happened rare and only while i wanted to watch a Video. No matter what App i used. Also the bit of sound wich played when freeze just keeps looping while freeze. Like right before the bluescreen in WIN. Now the problems get bigger and bigger. Its freezing every time i use it. No matter what i do. Even if i do nothing it sometimes freezes. Absolutely no matter what app's running, the TV is on and so on.
Im frustrated.:crying:
Also the console overheats very fast. After 5 minutes doing nothing the Heatsink has already 50° C!!
Also no matter what governor. I tried everything but limiting isnt working. It just goes back to its ghostly default all time.:
Userspace
51 to 1887 MHZ
Qfc(?) scheduler
I removed every tuning app. Used CPU state recorders. Everything was normal.
Its just annoying and frustrating because i cant use my own console.
I think its the heat. Because when i cool it with a fan, it lasts longer. But still crashes.
Also at the same time the stock mcz wallpapers were gone and the android stock ones came.

I hope someone can help me.
I contacted the MCZ support of Course. No responding...
Sorry if i made a mistake. Im german.
This is my first post.
Thanks!

kevinthefixer

Oct 26, 2014
That must be the problem--your MOJO doesn't like Germans. Seriously, though, it sounds like you either caught a virus, or have some corrupted system file that's causing the MOJO to use all its resources to try to run it, and thus overheating. Either way, the cure is to reflash it, either with the latest stock firmware or one of the excellent custom ROMs by @Unjustified Dev.

Antonireykern

Jul 8, 2016
Thanks, ill do so.

I've already found the stock rom here on xda.
But i wish to flash CM11 Because i dont really like the new layout of Lollipop and i only found CM12.1 here. Would be awesome if you can help me. :victory:

Thanks

Antonireykern

Jul 8, 2016
So, i flashed the stock ROM and:
:crying:
Its still very unstable. Crashes mostly in YT and getting verry hot.
*sigh*
I hope we didnt ran out of ideas. Because i have no idea what could be the problem.. Hard Brick? I hope not :(
Also: Would CM or a custom ROM help?
Im not really a Lollipop lover. Actually i dont like it like ive told. But i could live with it, if it works fine then.
Fortunately, i can now freely set the CPU. But it doesnt help very much..
Im thinking of removing the hratsink, and mod it and mounting an big cpu heatsink with a fan. Would that be an suitable idea?
Thanks if someone replys.