The Android Developer / Programmer works as a member of the Internet Development team to develop and implement Android applications for our line of products.
- Work with colleagues and Project Managers to build and refine functionality for Android applications.
- Develop innovative, Android-based tools for our line of air purifier products.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during R&D process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Work with raw images and layouts from a graphic designer and incorporate them into an app that will run on multiple Android operating system versions and multiple screen sizes
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to R&D.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Attend meetings during the R&D process and during development.
- 3-5 years minimum Android development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/J2ME)
- Demonstrated ability to take an app design from inception to implementation, including publication in the Google App Store
- Experience developing Android apps for the Enterprise (in-house) environment
- 3 years minimum experience working with relational database systems such as SQLite, MySQL, or similar database management system
- Development experience utilizing Android SDK
- Experience with web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience using social media APIs (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience with version control (e.g. GIT)
- BS in computer science or a related field preferred, or significant equivalent experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work in a small, flexible international team
- Extensive on the job training
- Company with strong value system
- A 50 year history of excellence
A competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental & Vision
- 401K Plan with company match
- On-site gym
- A Slide!
- Weekly catered lunches
- And much, much more!