Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android: Unlock application's additional features with Facebook share or tweet

Tip us?

lenrok258
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Android: Unlock application's additional features with Facebook share or tweet

I have a free application published on Google Play. I want to add some new features and ask users to 'pay' for them with Facebook shares or tweets.

Scenario:

1. User updates application
2. New features are available in settings but they are not active
3. To activate feature user has to share information about my application on FB or on Tweeter
4. Only if sharing was successful feature will be available to the user.

For me it seems like a good idea to spread information about application in social media... however I can't find any 'out of the box' solution (library or code). Is there any?

Has anybody tried this approach and was it successful?

Also I'm trying to find out if this method is compliant with Google Play policy. I've read play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html with great care but I didn't find any clues. Has anyone got any policy violations emails from Google after implementing this method?

BackMusic
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Maybe you can find something in the Facebook API.

Clem_Superhippo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default have ebinks

What do you use to code? There's tons of assets for Unity that'd do what you're trying to do.

lenrok258
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem_Superhippo View Post
What do you use to code? There's tons of assets for Unity that'd do what you're trying to do.
I'm not using Unity but develop my app in 'pure' Android SDK.

Just found this library: http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/4571...nkedin-in-Andr
It looks promising so I'll give it a try.

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 12
You mean reward users for posting on Facebook or any social share, sure I dont think its that hard,
just everytime a user presses on the Share button add some coins to him ingame, you can also make
alot of money if you reward useres for watching a video ad in your game like a Vungle ad.
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J