Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to verify Developers authenticity??

Tip us?

willymind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] How to verify Developers authenticity??

Please guide me regarding How to verify the identity of the Application Developer?
The case is, one of the developers have approached us and told us that he has developed one application and it is available on the Google Play market. I can see that application on the Google Play but whenever I click on the Developers name, no information is displayed neither it drives me to any website.
So, How can I verify that the person contacted us is the same who has developed the application? Is there any way to cross check the credentials with Google?
Please guide.

Mr.HB
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by willymind View Post
Please guide me regarding How to verify the identity of the Application Developer?
The case is, one of the developers have approached us and told us that he has developed one application and it is available on the Google Play market. I can see that application on the Google Play but whenever I click on the Developers name, no information is displayed neither it drives me to any website.
So, How can I verify that the person contacted us is the same who has developed the application? Is there any way to cross check the credentials with Google?
Please guide.
It should have an email or the website should take you to the developers site. If not then he is trying to scam you plain and simple look for someone else.

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by willymind View Post
Please guide.
Ask him to enter a email under "Email developer" under the Google Play page of the app to verify him, it takes 15 seconds to do that.
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J

willymind
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HB View Post
It should have an email or the website should take you to the developers site. If not then he is trying to scam you plain and simple look for someone else.
Thanks for your reply. I will surely take note of this..
Tags
credentials, cross check, developer, google play, verifcation