Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android App Marketing

Tip us?

Luk4sproductions
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Cloud Search [Q] Android App Marketing

I recently published my first Android game on the PlayStore and on Androidpit.
Its called "Strategic Labyrinth".
Do you have any tips to become more popular? I already have a Facebookpage, a Youtube gameplay,etx.
Thanks in advance
Luk4sproductions

CreatioSoft
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luk4sproductions View Post
Do you have any tips to become more popular? I already have a Facebookpage, a Youtube gameplay,etx.
Thanks in advance
Luk4sproductions
Well...Android app marketing trends are changing every month. I have written some post based on my past experience and analysis @ http://www.creatiosoft.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=202 ....This post includes steps which we should follow before launching or publishing your app in play store. Apart, from I have written post on Post Launch Marketing strategies also... May be this can help you out!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CreatioSoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hpgenie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I published recently my first app as well - Easy Bookcase and for the moment it's a complete failure. I can't get even 5 downloads It's less than a week since I've published it and there are many similar apps out there but I was more prepared for people not liking it rather than ignoring it

Does anybody know how the search results on the marked are sorted. I've added enough keywords but my app is on page 20

CreatioSoft
Old
(Last edited by CreatioSoft; 22nd June 2013 at 06:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgenie View Post
I published recently my first app as well - Easy Bookcase and for the moment it's a complete failure. I can't get even 5 downloads It's less than a week since I've published it and there are many similar apps out there but I was more prepared for people not liking it rather than ignoring it

Does anybody know how the search results on the marked are sorted. I've added enough keywords but my app is on page 20
You can follow some steps make your app visible on play store..Well..its a long list..I have concluded my analysis and experience on android app marketing at my forum CreatioSoft Forum ....May be this can help you out...In-case, you are still facing problem please let me know...
The Following User Says Thank You to CreatioSoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hartok
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgenie View Post
Google uses a lot of data for the Google Play Search.
You can use some standard SEO.

Moreover, the following variables are also tracked and used by Google Play:
  • Installs
  • Long installs
  • Uninstalls (negative impact)
  • User interactions (achievements, leaderboards, ...)

Unfortunately, you cannot control directly those 4 parameters. Google uses that to promote quality.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I recommend the video Getting Discovered on Google Play from the last Google I/O.

Everyone that publish an app on Google Play should watch it.

There's a lot of precious information, and Google doesn't communicate frequently on this subject!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hartok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hpgenie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you all. That's definitely a useful information to begin with.

probo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default App Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luk4sproductions View Post
Thanks in advance
Luk4sproductions
USe an App Launch Service..

Hope That Helps Regards

kornett
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Exchange Reviews with other developers

Another way is to Exchange Reviews with other developers and a site to do so is:

SITE: AndroidKi[.] com

Give it a Try!

iValueTech
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I think you should visit www.techibiz.com for more app marketing strategies.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

aaronwallace
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You should have to do mobile app marketing to increase your mobile app online presence, which will definitely help you in generating downloads for your mobile app. Just share some detailed information with me, I will help you in doing mobile app marketing.
Send your details at my email.