Android wear & MM

Search This thread
Hi

This is really a warning to anyone who has an Android wear (or probably any other kind of smartwatch)

My Gear LIve and LG Watch R worked perfectly with KK and Lollipop but with MM 522 it just would not work properly at all
i worked with a dev of one of the apps and it was only the Huawei with MM that caused any problems and notifications were just not getting to the watch

MM on a samsung worked no trouble and going back to 5.1.1 on the M7 again worked perfect

I liked MM but i didnt see that much difference to being worth keeping without the watch

So if you are planning on Upgrading and have a smartwatch then you will have issues

I am now back on 5.1.1 and rooted and all works fine

Was3k

Sep 21, 2010
Xiaomi 13
I have Asus ZenWatch 2 and it works with B522 properly. Only issue I have noticed is infrequent unconnecting, about twice a week. But I just run Android Wear app and watch is connected again.

I must admit I'm surprised that's is working OK for you add the tests we got when trying to resolve the issues were all down to huawei and the non standard calls they make and the permissions issues that were occurring

The doze feature in mm seemed to be conflicting with huawei's own features and stopping a lot of the notifications getting through even though those apps were set to protected.

It also seemed to be an issue with 1 app calling another appointment and again even though that permission was granted it still gave us issues.

But I suppose in the end every setup is different and in all honesty I don't think mm was a great step up grim lollipop anyway or at least not on the huawei

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

kta

I have a Samsung Gear S2 Classic and since I installed MM on my MT7-L09, Samsung Gear app will not not load, it just opens and closes in a flash.

The only way to make it work is to switch off the Bluetooth on the phone, then open the Samsung Gear App, and press connect from the app. This will switch the Bluetooth back on, connects to the watch and the app works.

Weird and very frustrating until I figured out a workaround!

Sent using Tapatalk

sthentic

Feb 3, 2009
I have a moto 360 2nd gen and works with no issues what so ever with MM, if anything it has become more reliable so it may just be a conflict with particular manufacturers?

Scruffykid

Dec 30, 2015
I have a moto 360 2nd gen and works with no issues what so ever with MM, if anything it has become more reliable so it may just be a conflict with particular manufacturers?

I've got the first gen Moto 360. when I updated to MM my watch at didn't receive any notifications (even the test ones). I did a factory reset and everything works fine now. The only issue I have is that sometimes the Gmail app pushes a ton of notifications for the same email.