KangVIP chinese roms discussion.

Search This thread

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
This thread is to discuss KangVIP roms on our phones.

To Install just flash the zip over Marshmallow B522 or if you want a cleaner/leaner approach, feel free to follow my steps below:

https://userscloud.com/go/ys5uy5oacq05/ (mirror folder containing kangVip Roms and patches for MT7 only)
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=1528889538&third=0&adapt=pc&fr=ftw (main - I guess - repository of ALL KangVip rom and patches)
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/JCbD/VgpT7f8dS/ (personal cloud mirror by XDA user Trankvilli)
http://www.opengapps.org OpenGapps download (I use ARM - 6.0 - Pico)
https://mega.nz/#!N4FTkIrA!-lMDZYqF2va1LSl5tU-npb_gQmDiSZQTQvP9RWOHyrs my chinese app removal script (removes all apps that are in chinese or that cannot be used outside of china)
https://mega.nz/#!RsUEFZZK!fKImZW0oFviNon4--RvZS4wsyKlB2XvawEUFO6vG7cY my stock app removal script (For that clean feelin' :) this backs up the apps to their respective folder inside bkp (eg a folder inside /system/app will be moved to /system/bkp/app) to restore, just move to the original location with a root explorer)

----Steps---

Flash (from custom recovery over B522)
1) Factory reset
2) Flash latest KangVIP zip
3) Flash debloat script
4) flash latest supersu zip
5) Flash Gapps
first boot will take a good 15-20min

Configure
1) Settings - K-Settings - Lockscreen and desktop - untick both lunar calendar options
2) Settings - K-Settings - Notification - untick lunar
3) Settings - K-Settings - Xposed - Install Xposed (For Xposed to work 100% you need to disable the theme engine, it's up to you)
untick "disable resource hooks" in xposed installer and, add or modify the following lines in the build.prop (they need to be 0) reboot
ro.config.hwtheme=0
ro.config.hw_theme=0
ro.config.themecolor=0
4)edit /data/cust/prop/local.prop and /system/build.prop. if the lines are there, modify, if they're not, create them. (needs root, this is to fix the Yellow pages + some other unidentified locale issues you might have)

Original:
ro.product.locale.language=zh
ro.product.locale.region=CN

change to:
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US

PS: Thanks leonardus_magnus, Cloudcompute for helping out.

Last edited:

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
Last edited:

CloudCompute

Oct 12, 2015
I tried Kangvip B553a on my L09 for couple of days. I loved the extra features and customization options that K setting provided, however I couldn't get fingerprint scanner to work. Additionally it lacked Swype for Huawei. The inbuilt keyboard and the lockscreen had some Chinese in it that I couldn't remove. I restored back to B511 for now, however I intend to downgrade to Chinese LP B354 over the weekend and work my way back to B553a and see if that fixes the fingerprint scanner.

Reactions: paulojorjealmeida

Hiemes

Jan 13, 2016
The inbuilt keyboard and the lockscreen had some Chinese in it that I couldn't remove.

I think you mean the Lunar calender. You can remove the Chinese characters by going to Settings -> K-settings -> Lockscreen & Desktop settings -> Lunar calender. I'm on B553-A, universally without any visible chinese language.

CloudCompute

Oct 12, 2015
I think you mean the Lunar calender. You can remove the Chinese characters by going to Settings -> K-settings -> Lockscreen & Desktop settings -> Lunar calender. I'm on B553-A, universally without any visible chinese language.

I had removed the lunar calender, and also some Chinese captions on some pictures. That did take off most of the Chinese from the lockscreen, however I have a feeling some traces were still left out only for some pictures, not all. How about the keyboard? Were you able to remove Chinese letters from the Enter button, and another button on the bottom right corner? Is your fingerprint scanner working? What MT7 do you have, TL10 or L09?

What path did you take to get to KingVIP B553?

I tried downgrading from B511 to Chinese B354 yesterday using B500, the downgrade package from MM to LP, however the downgrade failed at 5%. I tried again after changing the vendor and country information to cnchannel and cn, however the downgrade continued to fail at 5%. I then downgraded to B326 instead. I want to get to B510 first, but I am not sure if an upgrade to B510 is going to be successful from B326.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skorpi58

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
A few links for new users...

https://userscloud.com/go/ys5uy5oacq05/ (mirror folder containing kangVip Roms and patches for MT7 only)
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=1528889538&third=0&adapt=pc&fr=ftw (main - I guess - repository of ALL KangVip rom and patches)
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/JCbD/VgpT7f8dS/ (personal cloud mirror by XDA user Trankvilli - Thanks !!!)

This thread should be moved to correct section > Ascend Mate 7 Original Android Development

Ciao

This wouldn't be original as it's based on stock. Android development thread is more suitable if the developer was here. But I'm not the developer. Thus general

Reactions: leonardus_magnus

CloudCompute

Oct 12, 2015
I've made multiple failed attempts to install Chinese LP B354 on my L09.

I was on B511 to begin with. I used the MM to LP downgrade package to get to B500 and then tried to install LP B554, it failed at 5%. I replaced the "custom bin" file in the system(root) folder with one for CN. My vendor and country info changed to cnchannel and cn, however B354 continued to fail at 5%. I then installed B326 instead, and upgraded back to B511 again.

Then I flashed TWRP recovery and restored to B553 using a nandroid backup. Rooted and replaced "custom bin" file again to change my vendor and country info to cnchannel and cn. Flashed stock recovery, and tried to install a MM to LP downgrade package from Trankvilli's folder, but that one failed at 5%. Then I used the same downgrade package i'd used before to get to B500 again, and then tried to install B354, but that failed again at 5%.

Trankvilli in the earlier thread had indicated that his fingerprint scanner was working when he upgraded his L09 from B354 to Kangvip B553a passing through various other Chinese MM roms. B354 > B510 > B520 > B553 > Kangvip B553a.

Can anyone help me get to B354 first? I have a L09 from the Middle east region.

Last edited:

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009

I was on B511 to begin with. I used the MM to LP downgrade package to get to B500 and then tried to install LP B554, it failed at 5%. I replaced the "custom bin" file in the system(root) folder with one for CN. My vendor and country info changed to cnchannel and cn, however B354 continued to fail at 5%. I then installed B326 instead, and upgraded back to B511 again.

Then I flashed TWRP recovery and restored to B553 using a nandroid backup. Rooted and replaced "custom bin" file again to change my vendor and country info to cnchannel and cn. Flashed stock recovery, and tried to install a MM to LP downgrade package from Trankvilli's folder, but that one failed at 5%. Then I used the same downgrade package i'd used before to get to B500 again, and then tried to install B354, but that failed again at 5%.

Trankvilli in the earlier thread had indicated that his fingerprint scanner was working when he upgraded his L09 from B354 to Kangvip B553a passing through various other Chinese MM roms. B354 > B510 > B520 > B553 > Kangvip B553a.

Hi Cloud, I also remember that post.
I experimented with changing the region too, in fact I made a tool, but I couldn't quite get a different region firmware to work, and ran out of time (needed my phone for work!)
I think the most important thing for changing the region is the oeminfo, the custom.bin can be empty, as long as it's there (maybe that's why I failed, because i didn't have any)
you can have a look at the script on how this is done.

CloudCompute

Oct 12, 2015
Hi Cloud, I also remember that post.
I experimented with changing the region too, in fact I made a tool, but I couldn't quite get a different region firmware to work, and ran out of time (needed my phone for work!)
I think the most important thing for changing the region is the oeminfo, the custom.bin can be empty, as long as it's there (maybe that's why I failed, because i didn't have any)
you can have a look at the script on how this is done.

Thank you xd4d3v, I'll check out the script tonight. This thread seems to be drawing very less attention though :(

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009

Hi Cloud.
have a look at this thread, I've asked the poster to clarify the process.
http://xdaforums.com/mate-7/general/mt7-tl10-cust-fail-software-update-fail-t3277242#post66284797

PS: I just checked in using the service code.. mine is switched to the cn region.. so what i did worked.
the problem we have could be that we're trying to flash tl10 stock roms on a tl09.. it's probably triggering something that refuses to budge.
I don't think that it will allow you to install a firmware from one phone on another, regardless of the region? (flashed on stock)

Last edited:

Fooox1

Aug 28, 2006
Again a brief explanation. I have the posts closed because I lack time or device. So I can not give assistance. I increasingly got the impression that the Rome is probably faulty, I saw this as a logical step.
And no, I'm not KangVIP. My Downloads I ordered directly from this page.
http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=468&page=1&filter=typeid&typeid=1368
What is hidden in the linked cloud I can not judge.
I am still convinced of the quality of Rome and it would use any time.

Reactions: leonardus_magnus
Looks like I am the only one experiencing this.
I recently updated to B513 and then to B553A KROM: in both cases notification icons in the status bar are static… only a fixed icon of the app pushing a notification …
Let me explain: the Meteo Wunderground app puts on the status bar an icon of the actual weather conditions (sun, clouds, rain…). Again… when downloading something with web browser or when updating an app in play store I used to see a little animated arrow… Now in all these cases I simply see in the notification bar the app icon.
This happens in both B513 and B553A, therefore in MM
Please have a look at the attached screenshot...

Is this happening to other users? Any ideas or suggestions to have animated notification icons back?
Thanks for your help...

Ciao

Attachments

• 2016-04-11-09-32-33.png
    2016-04-11-09-32-33.png
    217.5 KB · Views: 169

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
Looks like I am the only one experiencing this.
I recently updated to B513 and then to B553A KROM: in both cases notification icons in the status bar are static… only a fixed icon of the app pushing a notification …
Let me explain: the Meteo Wunderground app puts on the status bar an icon of the actual weather conditions (sun, clouds, rain…). Again… when downloading something with web browser or when updating an app in play store I used to see a little animated arrow… Now in all these cases I simply see in the notification bar the app icon.
This happens in both B513 and B553A, therefore in MM
Please have a look at the attached screenshot...

Is this happening to other users? Any ideas or suggestions to have animated notification icons back?
Thanks for your help...

Ciao

Most of us have up with the fingerprint not working and uninstalled until it's solved. Do you have any problems with the fingerprint? Is yours a tl09 or tl10?

I've had similar problems before when flashing cm over previous installs. It sounds like the kind of problem that will go away with a factory reset (unfortunately) maybe you can take anandroid and see if resetting fixes the problem?

Most of us have up with the fingerprint not working and uninstalled until it's solved. Do you have any problems with the fingerprint? Is yours a tl09 or tl10?

I've had similar problems before when flashing cm over previous installs. It sounds like the kind of problem that will go away with a factory reset (unfortunately) maybe you can take anandroid and see if resetting fixes the problem?

THanks for your suggestion... I'll try a factory reset... but not today, it'takes a lot to setup everything back and with MM it takes even more!!!

I am on TL09 and I cannot register fingerprint too... I noticed (with google translate so I guess I noticed :confused:) on the chinese forum linked by Fooox1 that they are experiencing issues with fingerprint too... We can hope that a fix will come soon...

Ciao

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
THanks for your suggestion... I'll try a factory reset... but not today, it'takes a lot to setup everything back and with MM it takes even more!!!

I am on TL09 and I cannot register fingerprint too... I noticed (with google translate so I guess I noticed :confused:) on the chinese forum linked by Fooox1 that they are experiencing issues with fingerprint too... We can hope that a fix will come soon...

Ciao

thats great news for us actually.
means that more than likely there will be a fix in a newer version of KangVIP

ah.. before you do a factory reset, try to clear the cache.. it might do the trick.

hauntix

Mar 26, 2016
anyone else try installing KangVIP553 and the sim card stopped working
I'm on tmobile ive tried clean reinstall a few times but nothings working
it was working fine with 551

Top Liked Posts