[Solved] Can't Apply Themes after downloaded

Search This thread

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
Hi all

I want to share how to apply themes after downloaded.Anyone who unlock bootloader + rooted, then can't apply themes from themes manager, please following step by step below.

1. Download hw_init.zip > https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759882525
2. Unzip hw_init.zip
3. Copy folder hw_init to /data
4. Reboot
5. Apply themes
6. Enjoy :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-19-21-48-39-tile.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-19-21-48-39-tile.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 10,676
Last edited:

rowihel2012

Oct 13, 2012
Reactions: talvigi

lionheart1910

Jan 19, 2010
Hi all

I want to share how to apply themes after downloaded.Anyone who unlock bootloader + rooted, then can't apply themes from themes manager, please following step by step below.

1. Download hw_init.zip > https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759882525
2. Unzip hw_init.zip
3. Copy folder hw_init to /data/hw_init
4. Reboot
5. Apply themes

thank you bro for your great work and effort :D:good:

sending from my heart

Hi..I search for data folder
I don't see to put hw_int

Attachments

• 1455907857857.jpg
    1455907857857.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,052

dlorean

Jul 9, 2008
Wolfsburg
You must have data folder, your user apps and system stuff is stored there. Do you have root? Your Screenshot show the internal storage not the system main index

Huawei Mate 8 B152 with Tapatalk

dlorean

Jul 9, 2008
Wolfsburg
Without root you can't access the system partition. If ur on an international rom, u can try to flash userdata from B133 rom with fastboot, then you have working themes

Last edited:
Reactions: lionheart1910

lionheart1910

Jan 19, 2010
Without root you can't access the system partition. If ur on an international rom, u can try to flash userdata from B133 rom with fastboot, then you have working themes

Thank you
After fastboot user date
It's working without root

Attachments

• 1455950319366.jpg
    1455950319366.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,665
Reactions: dlorean

icy20

Mar 4, 2009
Athens
Guys I have root and tried to do what is described in OP but 2 things: There is no hw_init folder inside the data of the system partition. I created one and copied the hw_init folder inside the zip. Nothing happens. I can't change any theme... Also I cannot change even the lockscreen photo...

Last edited:

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
Guys I have root and tried to do what is described in OP but 2 things: There is no hw_init folder inside the data of the system partition. I created one and copied the hw_init folder inside the zip. Nothing happens. I can't change any theme... Also I cannot change even the lockscreen photo...
Sorry for don't clear instructuon. Please read again.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

icy20

Mar 4, 2009
Athens
Sorry for don't clear instructuon. Please read again.

Yes i thought it was that you meant. I already tried that but the same outcome. I cant change theme or lockscreen image. Just the background and the lockscreen background gets the same with the general background :(

icy20

Mar 4, 2009
Athens
Flash userdata from B133 with fastboot

Huawei Mate 8 L29-B162 with Tapatalk

Let me try and will inform.
Flash userdata from B133 with fastboot

Huawei Mate 8 L29-B162 with Tapatalk

PS It doesn't work in any way! I even flashed B133 rom with fastboot from this thread http://xdaforums.com/mate-8/general/nxt-l09-nxt-l29-stock-rom-b133-download-t3311839 but there must be an error at the syntax of this command "Fstbut Flash agile Kstkimg" i did the other 3. Then I did flash the 162 rom through TWRP the same! This does not want to work!!! I lost 4 hours and still I am at the same place I was before.

If someone with AL10 device and L29 firmware has succeeded let us know how please...

Last edited:

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Step 1: download file
Step 2: unzip or extract file
Step 3: copy or move unzipped file into /data

Simple as that. Don't create any new folders or look for any folders named HW_init. Because it doesn't exist. That's why you're putting this file there

icy20

Mar 4, 2009
Athens
Step 1: download file
Step 2: unzip or extract file
Step 3: copy or move unzipped file into /data

Simple as that. Don't create any new folders or look for any folders named HW_init. Because it doesn't exist. That's why you're putting this file there

Probably the ones that DO get that to work have already L29 device with L29 firmware or AL10 device with AL10 firmware. I have AL10 device with L29 firmware. I suspect that is the culprit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

2. Unzip hw_init.zip
    3. Copy folder hw_init to /data
    4. Reboot
    5. Apply themes

attachment.php
    finally figure out how do applied theme using method stated in post #1

here are the step by step guide:
    1. download hw_init.zip
    2. unzip
    3. copy folder hw_init to /data
    (beware that after unzip, there are another sub-folder hw_init inside folder hw_init, we should copy this sub-folder hw_init to
    /data, so the file structure should be /data/hw_init/system/themes/your theme files)
    4. change the permissions of folder hw_init and all its sub-folder to rwxrwxr-x
    5. change the permissions of all theme files to rw-r--r--
    6. reboot and now you should be able to apply theme using themes manager
    I did as instructed
    The system themes are working again for me but I can not apply any 3rd party themes
    What is the problem??

Also even this far is an improvement over aosp icons

so i figured this out
    :D

the reason that only system themes are available for me is that in the (hw_init) folder provided in First post has only 6 system themes available and so only these themes can be applied (Although Other themes can be viewed and downloaded but they won't be applied)

if you want other themes to work as well here is what you gotta do ...

Download the hw_init zip file from first post and unzip it (Download link in the post#1)

first of all download any themes you like . you can get almost every theme from this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/mate-8/themes-apps/themes-t3312560
    and you can find other themes through out web or in Themes and apps section of Forum
    once you done that ...

go to the hw_init folder that you downloaded
    go into system and then themes folder and copy all your downloaded themes (only the files with .hwt format) into this folder

now your hw_init folder is ready

the rest you can do according to the instruction in the first post witch is ...
    Copy folder hw_init to /data
    Reboot
    Apply themes
    Enjoy

don't forget to push Thanks!
    Hi all

2. Unzip hw_init.zip
    3. Copy folder hw_init to /data/hw_init
    4. Reboot
    5. Apply themes

thank you bro for your great work and effort :D:good:

sending from my heart
    this is my solution ( made by me ) after trying many solutions over this forum @ other forums

just

1- delete any folder for themes u made (as hw_init or themes in root folder or at any site )
    2- make folder & name it ( HWTHemes ) in internal memory
    3- download this folder & put it inside (HWTHemes )
    4- go to themes app and chose ** Aqua theme ** & apply it
    5- no need to change any permissions

this was try on huawei y 7 2017