Meizu MX4

Search This thread

K3nshiro

Nov 14, 2011
Barcelona
Yes, you're right, but will the Exynos of MX4 PRO release the source?
And why mediatek or any other cpu/soc producer for smartphones will not release the source code?I mean if they release the code there will be more custom stuff and it will be a good point for a smartphone android.
I doubt so... It's not in their interest (probably) to release it. What you will get instead is a MX4 with Ubuntu or something similar, something that will allow them to sell the same unit with a different face. You could consider this as a custom Rom, but from manufacturer, they want to keep it under control... which is understandable. But if you're a flashaddict, your chances are currently at zero :)

R560

Nov 2, 2011
Germany
Not yet. At the moment we have only flyme OS 4.0, by Meizu, based on Android 4.4. Soon we will have Cyanogem rom and ubuntu phone.
About norwegian language, I can't help you :(

Are you sure about CM? Iam also interested in the MX4, but the official Rom looks & sounds really buggy...

aseem00y

Oct 26, 2013
Patna
Meizu = Awesomeness.

One word. Awesome. :laugh::laugh:
And another word for the dev community, Awesom-est.
:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

R560

Nov 2, 2011
Germany
So whats about the rooting for MX4 (not the PRO)? Is there a possibilty to root the phone available ?

R560

Nov 2, 2011
Germany
Thx! Did you try it? I want to buy this phone, but just waiting, if there are any informations about aosp or custom roms. Did you get something ? Is there a community like miui for this phones in english language available?

Last edited:

K3nshiro

Nov 14, 2011
Barcelona
Thx! Did you try it? I want to buy this phone, but just waiting, if there are any informations about aosp or custom roms. Did you get something ? Is there a community like miui for this phones in english language available?
Since Mediatek is not releasing the source code, there are currently no roms nor any sort of development available for this device. You get Flyme and Lollipop upgrades, that's it.

Reactions: R560

micro77

Jul 27, 2006
Izmir
So whats about the rooting for MX4 (not the PRO)? Is there a possibilty to root the phone available ?

hi
for todo rooting no need app ..
cast create flyme account on telephone.
then
settings...
account.......
find "open system privileges" click it.
then accept to answer.
telephone will reboot ..
then your mx4 is rooted... :)

Attachments

• e5efd5010f27bd6bc855944667050810_240_True_72_0.jpg
    e5efd5010f27bd6bc855944667050810_240_True_72_0.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,467
  • 15c5c72e12efc4909422e785cabb24af_240_True_72_0.jpg
    15c5c72e12efc4909422e785cabb24af_240_True_72_0.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,439
Reactions: PafcioPjay and R560
Feb 18, 2010
how happy are you with this phone?
do you think there is a point to replace SGS4 for MEIZU MX4?
would you do that? reasons?
thank you.

yakaman

Jan 21, 2015
how happy are you with this phone?
do you think there is a point to replace SGS4 for MEIZU MX4?
would you do that? reasons?
thank you.

I just replaced my GS3 with the MX4 and I'm pretty happy with it.
But I guess it's a different thing with a GS4, which is still quite up to date.
The Meizu firmware is still quite buggy and battery life is far from perfect.

+1 for a Cyanogenmod port for the MX4, please :)

crucius

Jan 2, 2013
so probably not a best deal to change from SGS4 to MX4
what about 4G - LTE connection?
does it work?

Here in Portugal works flawlessly!

I'm very happy about this thing, but I wished battery life to be better. And there are some bugs here and there.

By the way, someone knows how to delete all homescreen except the main one? I have 2, even though the A one is empty.

Sekmeth

Aug 12, 2014
What about 800 Mhz band?
No chinese phone supports it.
Will that be a problem in the future?

nevrozel

Nov 21, 2011
Bucharest, Romania
Here in Portugal works flawlessly!

I'm very happy about this thing, but I wished battery life to be better. And there are some bugs here and there.

By the way, someone knows how to delete all homescreen except the main one? I have 2, even though the A one is empty.

I couldn't find a way. I am using nova launcher anyway. Too many limitations with the default one.

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Rooting and flashing test and stable firmwares is easier than on a Nexus, which is by itself quite amazing.

You root from the phone's settings! You flash zip files and firmware by just placing them on the SD Card and click on them from the stock file browser. Is that easy!

I have been using the phone for the past 2 days and I am quite impressed. I have used most flagship phones from the past years and this one still impresses.

Battery life is way better than on the Nexus 5. I get around 4-5 SOT with no power saving modes active. Flyme OS 4 has evolved since launch. They basically upload a stable update every single month and test firmwares weekly.

I have also installed xposed and tweaked the status bar a little bit.

The smart touch features are the best out there, you can basically use the device one handed and I have small hands.

For any other questions please ask me.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

The english community is here.

http://meizufans.eu/forum/category-meizu-mx4

Last edited:
Reactions: franckrem

Rebeluch

Nov 22, 2014
Hi!
I have a few question about Meizu MX4.
I want to buy this phone.
Has it good firmware suport?
Is it have unlocked bootloader, knox?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you got a i version with bootloader unlocked .... with intl firmware

I just receive yesterday my mx4

Ist a m460 china with C at end of the firmware, the second chinese mx4 is with U at end of firmware from china unicom m461
    Both chinese phone are same hardware and band

Finally my M460 work great in france all wcdma 3G and 4g band too fdd-lte

My guess they are all the same hardware

The only different is..
    Both chinese are locked bootloader.. so can flash only chinese rom (C, U or A non branded rom)
    And intk version is bootloader unlocked so you can flash all firmware

Engineer mode (for checking band)
    *#*#3646633#*#*

My mx4

a1c5395fae47e709af16afc71dcc9a34.jpg

67ac78e5552f896c5d58f09160542a5c.jpg

f43565c0973988deeb11686cd0b93271.jpg

66dc06bef920e8200f15a62817558e3e.jpg
    So the owners of flyme versions MX4 wont be able to get CM?:confused:

:crying::crying::crying:
    instruction of unlocking bl is now working with mx4 only. It will published later by author. No questions, stay tuned.
    Good news for MX4 Ubuntu owners!
    xen0n is porting CM12.1 to this device.

You can see the progress here: https://github.com/xen0n/android_device_meizu_arale
    https://github.com/xen0n/local_manifests_arale

To install on standard MX4 we would need to repartition the phone, system of MX4 Ubuntu is too big. I dont know if this would be possible

hi
    for todo rooting no need app ..
    cast create flyme account on telephone.
    then
    settings...
    account.......
    find "open system privileges" click it.
    then accept to answer.
    telephone will reboot ..
    then your mx4 is rooted... :)
    I don't own a MX4 yet but I'm following it closely.

Today I read a very positive review made by HDblog.it, an important Italian website.

They say this device has good display, loud speaker and take great pictures.

They experienced some minor software glitches, but nothing major and we know that software issues can be corrected easily.