Warning - don't shop from AliExpress/Origianl Meizu Store

Search This thread

Gefjon

Jul 11, 2011
Rogaland
I just want to warn the forum readers from buying phones from the AliExpress-store called Origianl Meizu Store.
The store sells refurbished phones which they claim to be new… The phones has no serial number and the IMEI-numbers are not valid.
Unfortunately I was stupid enough to by a “new” MX4 PRO from them… and I experience a seller that is not interested in helping me. The name of the contact at the store is Kety Wu

My MX4 PRO died today (RIP). There is no way to get in contact with it anymore. It is not possible to turn it on. It does not respond on any combination of keys, and it is not registered when I connect it to my computer

So I opened it... As the pictures shows, it has definately been repaired at some point before it was sold as “new”

Attachments

• 20151101_121241.jpg
    20151101_121241.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 2,163
  • 20151101_121228.jpg
    20151101_121228.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 2,194

Sieane

Sep 11, 2010
France
I'm sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised. I definitely not recommend to buy any smartphone on aliexpress, only accessories.

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
I confirm what you said. I bought my first MX4 in this shop and I suspect the same thing. I had no problem with but I have not kept long as it is hard bricked now (its my fault). But many shops sell refurbished on this kind of product I don't recommend to buy through aliexpress.

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
I confirm what you said. I bought my first MX4 in this shop and I suspect the same thing. I had no problem with but I have not kept long as it is hard bricked now (its my fault). But many shops sell refurbished on this kind of product I don't recommend to buy through aliexpress.

Aliexpress isn't always bad, there are some good shops out there. Don't blame it on aliexpress, it's just some shops that sell fakes, clones or scam people.

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
I'm not saying it's always a bad idea. But there are many shops that sell refurbished phones and it's sold as new. Especially since many do not have products in stock, the shipping delays are long. So it is often a bad idea.

Reactions: TheUltrametricSpace

ChocholateMaster

Feb 6, 2015
yes if i would buy a phone i definitly wouldn't buy it form aliexpress okay i bought here arduino + some parts relays etc. but for that money i wouldn't pay without paypal

iicc

Apr 10, 2015
All my meizus are bought in Aliexpress and no problem. The key is to buy reliable sellers

ouigo

Sep 6, 2014
Feel free to share your links to shops, personally I'm interested. And I want to say that often it is not clear that this is a refurbished product, I'm not noticed before disassembly. I even had a sticker that sealed the box...

slead1

Feb 6, 2011
I agree with snoopyrider80.
I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and it got delivered in 8 days, no customs no import tax. What they do is ship from China to the England and from England they then repackage it and ship it to the rest of Europe. And since England is part of Europe, there is no import tax or customs. I can recommend that particular shop also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just want to warn the forum readers from buying phones from the AliExpress-store called Origianl Meizu Store.
    The store sells refurbished phones which they claim to be new… The phones has no serial number and the IMEI-numbers are not valid.
    Unfortunately I was stupid enough to by a “new” MX4 PRO from them… and I experience a seller that is not interested in helping me. The name of the contact at the store is Kety Wu

My MX4 PRO died today (RIP). There is no way to get in contact with it anymore. It is not possible to turn it on. It does not respond on any combination of keys, and it is not registered when I connect it to my computer

So I opened it... As the pictures shows, it has definately been repaired at some point before it was sold as “new”
    I'm not saying it's always a bad idea. But there are many shops that sell refurbished phones and it's sold as new. Especially since many do not have products in stock, the shipping delays are long. So it is often a bad idea.
    I have bought 4 meizus from this shops and no problem:

http://es.aliexpress.com/store/900031
    http://es.aliexpress.com/store/1194377

One thing you can do to check if the phone is reburfished is to see if the imei of the box matches with the imei of the phone.