[Discovery][★ 4.4.2 ★] ROM for Micromax A116

Search This thread

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Guys right now i am on stock 4.2.1. I want to shift to this rom since this is the first kitkat rom for chd and its very amazing as i read some reviews.

But i habe read somewhere that some bugs are there. So i just want to know what all bugs are there in this rom.

1) does both cameras work??

2) does both sim works??

3) gps, bluetooth, everything works??

4) any other bugs. Plz tell me. Plz

Your help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thank you

leo.riv

Jul 14, 2013
Guys right now i am on stock 4.2.1. I want to shift to this rom since this is the first kitkat rom for chd and its very amazing as i read some reviews.

But i habe read somewhere that some bugs are there. So i just want to know what all bugs are there in this rom.

2) does both sim works??

Thank you

If your HW v1.0 and SW v16 then everything work fine

ramz78

Apr 20, 2013

2) does both sim works??

Thank you

If u want peace with your mobile then leave this forum
Cos one after another bugs will b always hunting u.
Best ROM is stock rom

Rony John

Feb 12, 2014
If u want peace with your mobile then leave this forum
Cos one after another bugs will b always hunting u.
Best ROM is stock rom

I support you. They say everything works but there are bugs like battery drain and eventually you will be back on stock rom as i am :)..i think waiting for sometime will make the rom perfect.

Anyway thanks for all the devs and keep supporting..:)

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Amol Raut

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Guys thank you very much for your help. I think there are many bugs. I have one noob question. I have downloaded stock rom and its in sdcard. Can i flash it through recovery??

deepak kumar android

Mar 19, 2014
Palwal
Bro i downloaded the stock from one of the xda thread, but there it was not mentioned about cwm or twrp recovery flashable. So do stock roms are flashable in twrp?? Have anyone tried it??

Yes cmahendra upload on his thread one is cwm flashable and another is sptool

like my post? press thanks

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Bro i downloaded the stock from one of the xda thread, but there it was not mentioned about cwm or twrp recovery flashable. So do stock roms are flashable in twrp?? Have anyone tried it??

Read this post it has cwmflashable roms
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37021035
like my post? press thanks

GroovyG

Jan 18, 2011
Best ROM is stock rom
Can't agree here. The latest AOSP 4.4.2 base with F1 baseband is totally flawless on my T5, way better than stock. Super fast, no bugs at all, excellent battery life and much more functionality right as it is, no need for painful modding of the UI and framework.
Maybe it actually is due to the small hardware differences we seem to have across our devices. Camera and radio modules are obviously several different versions, we have a magnetic sensor whereas A116 doesn't, who knows what else differs in detail? That's the only rational explanation I can come up with on why some of us face issues on 4.4.2 while others have none at all.
Before hyperion built this AOSP I also tried a few A116 custom ROMs on my device, and the results were somewhat similar to what you guys get on 4.4.2 - loss of signal, fast draining battery, cameras not working, random reboots etc.

ramz78

Apr 20, 2013
Can't agree here. The latest AOSP 4.4.2 base with F1 baseband is totally flawless on my T5, way better than stock. Super fast, no bugs at all, excellent battery life and much more functionality right as it is, no need for painful modding of the UI and framework.
Maybe it actually is due to the small hardware differences we seem to have across our devices. Camera and radio modules are obviously several different versions, we have a magnetic sensor whereas A116 doesn't, who knows what else differs in detail? That's the only rational explanation I can come up with on why some of us face issues on 4.4.2 while others have none at all.
Before hyperion built this AOSP I also tried a few A116 custom ROMs on my device, and the results were somewhat similar to what you guys get on 4.4.2 - loss of signal, fast draining battery, cameras not working, random reboots etc.

Its too have 2g network problem in 1St sim

ronald027

May 4, 2012
Manila City
somebody help..my A116 stuck on bootloop..i already flash stock firmware 4.2.1 using sp tool but still stuck on bootloop..also i cant go to recovery mode..i try to use Vol+ and Vol- and Power Switch then select recovery mode after 10 seconds still reboot and erboot..somebody please help me..is this hardware problem..

Sp Tool download ok..so what can be a problem?

atharvac

Jan 24, 2013
Pune
somebody help..my A116 stuck on bootloop..i already flash stock firmware 4.2.1 using sp tool but still stuck on bootloop..also i cant go to recovery mode..i try to use Vol+ and Vol- and Power Switch then select recovery mode after 10 seconds still reboot and erboot..somebody please help me..is this hardware problem..

Sp Tool download ok..so what can be a problem?
After u flash via sp tools just reboot normally don't go to recovery and wait for 5-10 mins it will boot up

adityagulavani

Jun 14, 2013
1st SIM 2g not working!

I flashed v0.8 of this ROM, everything works fine. Only the 1st SIM 2g is not working.
I tried to flash all the modem zips, no effect. I'm not using the second slot for now.

Are the modem zips meant to work on second SIM? Is there any way I can get the 1st SIM to work on 2G?

Canvas HD. SW version: V16

GroovyG

Jan 18, 2011
I suggest all indian users to use the V6.P18 baseband from one of the original A116 ROMs, just extract it and rename it accordingly, then flash together with the entire ROM.
This should eliminate all radio frequency issues you guys are having when using one of the european basebands. Like I said before, not only the 3G but also the 2G frequencies are different, depending on which area you are in.

Top Liked Posts