Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drop issue/problem solved.

Tip us?

edwardpage
Old
(Last edited by edwardpage; 5th July 2014 at 04:43 AM.) Reason: typo
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Thumbs up Battery drop issue/problem solved.

the most annoying problem in canvas hd is the battery drop problem.

For some users the battery may drop all of a sudden from 34% to 12% while for some it may be different. For me it was always 34% - 12%.

Now the one important thing that I observed was that when I used to charge my mobile , the charging jumped straight from 76% to 100% . In my view the battery was never charged for the last 20%. And it was this 20% that appeared as the sudden drop.

Now coming to the solution..

Battery calibration and wiping batterystats.bin actually never solved the problem because I tried both.I don't know if changing the Kernel did.

So I have come up with one solution that won't disappoint you..
Follow the steps..
1. Let your battery drain to below 10%.. say 8% ..
2. Charge your battery like u always do..
3. When the battery reaches 100% , do not disconnect the charger, go to System settings and then battery and check the graph..(don't disconnect the charger because doing so will reset the graph).
4. notice the sudden increase in battery charging.
5. Use the phone as u always do and let it discharge to 70% ..
6.Here comes the LIFE SAVING STEP..Now what you have to do is charge your phone in one go..there should be no interruption in charging..If the electricity goes off even for a second..the whole process fails..so prefer using a UPS..
7. Let the battery charge to 100% and use normally.
8. Its my guarantee that the battery drop is gone.

The bad part..
The problem reappears after a reboot.. and we have to repeat the procedure again.
be INSANE and hit the THANKS button

Indransivan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Come on , Don't be PANIC about sudden drop ,First of All letting the battery drop from 100% to 1% leads to fluctuation in battery volt,be aware about it ,Don't use your chd while charging is most important ! if you may use your chd normally like noob users who only use fb.watsupp etc whenever they need ,it won't drop like 30-12% ,fast drain made by users leads to bloat of battery ! high volt ofbattery from 90-100% has corrosive effect if you drain fast then your battery would PREGNANT or fat or swell
Quote:
DON"T PANIC USE YOUR DEVICE AS A PHONE

janidon2000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardpage View Post
In my view the most worst problem in canvas hd is the battery drop problem.Every user faces this problem on his canvas hd.

For some users the battery may drop all of a sudden from 34% to 12% while for some it may be different. For me it was always 34% - 12%.

Now the one important thing that I observed was that when I used to charge my mobile , the charging jumped straight from 76% to 100% . In my view the battery was never charged for the last 20%. And it was this 20% that appeared as the sudden drop.

The reason why this happens is unknown atleast to me.I also found that this battery drop also occured on Samsung phones.

Now coming to the solution..

Battery calibration and wiping batterystats.bin actually never solved the problem because I tried both.I don't know if changing the Kernel did because I never tried that.

So I have com up with one solution that won't disappoint you..
Follow the steps..
1. Let your battery drain to below 10%.. say 8% ..
2. Charge your battery like u always do..
3. When the battery reaches 100% , do not disconnect the charger, go to System settings and then battery and check the graph..(don't disconnect the charger because doing so will reset the graph).
4. You will see in the battery graph that there is a sudden increase in battery charging from 76% to 100% or maybe from 82% to 100%..
5. Use the phone as u always do and let it discharge to 70% ..
6.Here comes the LIFE SAVING STEP..Now what you have to do is charge your phone in one go..there should be no interruption in charging..If the electricity goes off even for a second..the whole process fails..so prefer using a UPS..
7. Let the battery charge to 100% and use normally.
8. Its my guarantee that the battery drop is gone.

The bad part..
The problem reappears after a reboot.. and we have to repeat the procedure again..I don't reboot my phone frequently so it works for me..
May it work for u too..

well this is silly I've had same problem but after battery calibration it doesn't appear again and if you're using your phone processor constantly at high power As for Huge game or something then faster battery drain is normal !

I use DS Battery Saver which helps me saving my battery as per my use ! worth a try !!
##### HTC Explorer/Pico -SENSE 4.1 AROMA #####

##### Canvas HD - Ported Kitkat (Nexus 4) #####

Press Thanks if i helped you !!

edwardpage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by janidon2000 View Post
well this is silly I've had same problem but after battery calibration it doesn't appear again and if you're using your phone processor constantly at high power As for Huge game or something then faster battery drain is normal !

I use DS Battery Saver which helps me saving my battery as per my use ! worth a try !!
whatever u say...this method works..
U don't like it , don't waste time here.
And I know General knowledge 101 about batteries... so keep that to urself next time..

janidon2000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
whatever u say...this method works..
U don't like it , don't waste time here.
And I know General knowledge 101 about batteries... so keep that to urself next time..
lol calm down dude no sarcasm ! i never said this method doesn't work. Anyways keep helping.

PS. Don't be rude be awesome instead.

edwardpage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by janidon2000 View Post
lol calm down dude no sarcasm ! i never said this method doesn't work. Anyways keep helping.

PS. Don't be rude be awesome instead.
not being rude...its just that if u can't praise something... don't criticize it then...
PS..We all are here to help..

janidon2000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
not being rude...its just that if u can't praise something... don't criticize it then...
PS..We all are here to help..
Cheers then !!

Tags
battery, battery issue, battery problem, charging problem, problem