Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where can i get a new battery from??

Tip us?

drakester20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Unhappy [Q] Where can i get a new battery from??

Hey!
My CHDs battery is totally jacked up. Its swollen and provides like 5-10 min of battery backup. Please suggest me some batteries that are possibly of higher capacity and are available online for a nominal price. Also, don't suggest me battery calibration and stuff cause I've tried it all and its definitely a problem in my battery.
P.S.- I bought this phone in August,2013.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

edwardpage
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakester20 View Post
Hey!
My CHDs battery is totally jacked up. Its swollen and provides like 5-10 min of battery backup. Please suggest me some batteries that are possibly of higher capacity and are available online for a nominal price. Also, don't suggest me battery calibration and stuff cause I've tried it all and its definitely a problem in my battery.
P.S.- I bought this phone in August,2013.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
u can get a new battery frok service center but that will take around a month..
u can also search ebay or flipkart for the OEM battery..
or u can just go to the local market to buy some cheap battery with some guarantee..
be INSANE and hit the THANKS button
The Following User Says Thank You to edwardpage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drakester20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardpage View Post
u can get a new battery frok service center but that will take around a month..
u can also search ebay or flipkart for the OEM battery..
or u can just go to the local market to buy some cheap battery with some guarantee..
Hmm, thanks for the info.. Are these OEM battery from eBay good like do they provide good backup without causing any kind of damage to the device? Cause I definitely can't wait a friggin month for the battery.

edwardpage
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Hmm, thanks for the info.. Are these OEM battery from eBay good like do they provide good backup without causing any kind of damage to the device? Cause I definitely can't wait a friggin month for the battery.
yes they provide a good backup..try mugen batteries..and look for more mAh..like >3000 mAh..

drakester20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
yes they provide a good backup..try mugen batteries..and look for more mAh..like >3000 mAh..
These Mugen batteries are quite expensive plus they also charge extra for shipping i think. so that's out of my reach.
I found some links from somethreads on here but they are either out of stock or the link is dead.
Could you please provide me with a link or two that looks legit to you?
Thank you

edwardpage
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
These Mugen batteries are quite expensive plus they also charge extra for shipping i think. so that's out of my reach.
I found some links from somethreads on here but they are either out of stock or the link is dead.
Could you please provide me with a link or two that looks legit to you?
Thank you
try OEM battery from flipkart..
The Following User Says Thank You to edwardpage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sushantk01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had the exactly same problem. Battery used to get charged in under 10mins and after each reboot would show a different battery percentage. The main thing that caused this was over charging. Do not over charge!
I got a new original battery from the local market for about 700 bucks. And now all the problems are gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sushantk01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drakester20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
try OEM battery from flipkart..
http://www.ebay.in/itm/GENUINE-MICRO...0d6ce46&_uhb=1

I didn't find any OEM battery on flipkart but I did find this on ebay and it looks okay but I'm not sure. A lot of these batteries have been sold already and the seller is also a top-rated seller so doyou suggest me to buy this? Its says 3000 mAh and i highly doubt its credibility like that.

drakester20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushantk01 View Post
I had the exactly same problem. Battery used to get charged in under 10mins and after each reboot would show a different battery percentage. The main thing that caused this was over charging. Do not over charge!
I got a new original battery from the local market for about 700 bucks. And now all the problems are gone.
I'm not sure what caused the damage, could be overcharging I guess. Is it 2000 mAh only? And how many hours of battery backup does it provide?
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk

edwardpage
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
I'm not sure what caused the damage, could be overcharging I guess. Is it 2000 mAh only? And how many hours of battery backup does it provide?
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N9006 using Tapatalk
that seems a less price for a genuine 3000 mAh battery!