FAQ? Regarding MIUI ROM

Search This thread

prakashmishra

May 9, 2014
can xiaomi's dirac technology be ported to micromax A116

hi is it possible to port dirac technology used in xiaomi phones to be ported to other mobiles, i have bought piston 2 which doesnt sounds good in micromax A116 but sounds awesome in xiaomi mobiles, wish it could be ported to micromax and some one could do it. thanks

fa1zali

Nov 22, 2010
hi is it possible to port dirac technology used in xiaomi phones to be ported to other mobiles, i have bought piston 2 which doesnt sounds good in micromax A116 but sounds awesome in xiaomi mobiles, wish it could be ported to micromax and some one could do it. thanks

the problem is not because of dirac technology

a116 does not supports xiaomi piston headphones

DateEijiFan

Jan 13, 2015
Hyderabad
ROM download link

Could you please post a torrent link or something, cuz the download in chrome shows 3 hrs ETA even though i have a 4mbps internet connection. :(

Preet_

Mar 30, 2014
Mumbai
fa1zali said:
Q8. Some of the apps like theme manager shows Chinese text, what to do ?
Ans. Just open the app manager in settings and clear the data and cache of that particular app.(Works on themes app)
I tried, but no luck, still Chinese. Can you please explain in detail?
And,
Can you provide a sound patch by which we can increase the volume of calls.

AshA116CHD

Apr 8, 2015
Superbeam not able to receive files in a116 chd miui

Hi fa1zali,
Thanks for this wonderful MIUI ROM, i liked it very much :)
1) But i have some issue while receiving files through superbeam it showing unable to connect to device wifi..
2) sometime of installing apps/ games from play store it says " Waiting for Network" on reboot it works.. :(

What should be done ? Pls reply..!!!!

Last edited:

fa1zali

Nov 22, 2010
Hi fa1zali,
Thanks for this wonderful MIUI ROM, i liked it very much :)
1) But i have some issue while receiving files through superbeam it showing unable to connect to device wifi..
2) sometime of installing apps/ games from play store it says " Waiting for Network" on reboot it works.. :(

What should be done ? Pls reply..!!!!

Read FAQ

AshA116CHD

Apr 8, 2015
HI fa1zali,
i have disabled the engine and set download to unlimited , it worked once,
but on trying again it didn't worked..pls help..
Is this is due to Data Usage limit?
Pls reply on how to disable Data usage option in Security..

sanketrn95

Jun 22, 2015
Unfortunately,System UI stopped

this rom is simply good but the only big problem am facing is...
whenever i enable the data connection it shows "Unfortunately,System UI stopped "
plz help out ASAP ...its too annoying...

knight.vicky

Mar 19, 2014
mumbai
stuck on boot up image

what is the cheksum md5 of the rom,
please reply because flashing this rom gets stuck on previously used rom boot image ????:confused:

mehulbpandya

Jan 21, 2009
Even I am stuck on Boot Image. It worked well for 3 days and whenever I restarted, it got stuck at boot image. I had to install from back up all 3 times. Any solution?

mehulbpandya

Jan 21, 2009
A bug?

Even I am stuck on Boot Image. It worked well for 3 days and whenever I restarted, it got stuck at boot image. I had to install from back up all 3 times. Any solution?

Whenever, I have pulled battery out, it got stuck at Boot screen on next boot up. Further, it seems little heavy on Canvas HD. I will go back to MIUI 5.

They_One

Jul 1, 2015
Bangalore
solution- flash another ROM

Whenever, I have pulled battery out, it got stuck at Boot screen on next boot up. Further, it seems little heavy on Canvas HD. I will go back to MIUI 5.

Put another ROM in SD card
Make sure that your phone battery is charged more that 50%
Put battery back in case
Press volume down key+power button same time it will boot it to recovery mode
Wipe cache
Go to advance wipe dalvik cache
Going back
Install zip from SD card
Choose zip file
Install it
PS: use phillz recovery

PUNK190

Sep 7, 2011
Awesome Experience

Must say best miui experience, I am using miui for the first time, have few questions
How can I set different ringtones for both the Sims and how to set either sim as a default sim?
It will be helpful if anyone can suggest the solutions.
Keep up the good work.

Msf107252

Jul 10, 2015
Ahmedabad
Hey can any one give me a solution on how to register imei no. Awhile staying on MIUI7 actually i dont have much data to goto stock so anyone plz help me i m not able to use sima

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Frequently Asked Questions by MIUI ROM Users​

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    We are not responsible for any bricked phones or damages caused due to the ROM. You lose warranty when you root/flash ROMS on your phone.

Links to MIUI ROM :

Micromax A116 :*Click Me*

Micromax A117 :*Click Me*

Q1. How to enable root ?
    Ans. Open Security app > Permission. Then enable Root Permissions.
    In the latest version SuperSu app has been added so no need of doing this step.

Q2. Mobile Data ( 3G OR 2G) not working what to do ?
    Ans. Just disable your mobile data first from the settings , then restart your phone , after restarting check your apn settings and complete them , then enable mobile data and it will start working.

Q3. Xposed does not works on the ROM.
    Ans. MIUI does not supports Xposed instead of that you can use WSM Tools.
    By using WSM Tools you can use the Xposed modules which are supported by WSM Tools.

Q4. Unable to download apps from the Play Store and large files when using mobile data ?
    Ans.First open the Downloads app present on the home screen, go into its settings.
    Change the download limit to unlimited and also disable Xunlie Download Engine . Now try downloading apps from the play store it should work and also you will be able to download large files.

Q5. How to move apps to SD-Card ?
    Ans. Moving apps to sd does not works on MIUI.

Q6. My phone is lagging , what to do ?
    Ans. Open Security app > Permissions > Autostarts. Then deny all the apps in the list.

Q7. The camera is showing less picture size ( Mega-pixels ) , what to do ?
    Ans. Open Camera app > Camera Settings > Advanced Settings. Turn off Simple Mode.
    Again go to settings of camera app and then you can change picture size and enable other advanced settings of the camera.

Q8. Some of the apps like theme manager shows Chinese text, what to do ?
    Ans. Just open the app manager in settings and clear the data and cache of that particular app.(Works on themes app)

Q9. Notification light not working?
    Ans. Please select only Yellow and Red for notifications from the settings menu as Canvas HD supports only these 2 colours.

Q10. Cannot switch back to USB mode after using MTP mode ?
    Ans. It is a problem with MIUI so we can only wait for them to fix it and if you accidently switched to MTP and want to go back to USB then you have to re-install the ROM.

Q11. How to use Viper on MIUI ?
    Ans. As reported by users viper is working perfectly with MIUI ROM and its stock music player.Just install it normally as you do.But first set the equalizer in MIUI music player to " no effect " then enable viper and play music and it should work perfectly.

Q12. Where is the video calling option ?
    Ans. MIUI does not currently supports video calling feature.

Q13. Does OTG works ?
    Ans. Yes , OTG is supported.
    Yeah but it has option in it external storage mount....

Can't there be any fix it.. Or otg support

Sent from My MMX Canvas Magnus

OTG is working please check again , verified it myself , screenshots posted in faq section
    After flashing Both SIM s are not detecting in Micromax Canvas HD A116.What can be done on that .Thank you in advance

No such issues faced by me , sims working perfectly , reflash the rom again
    I tried again but failed :(

is your imei no. showing up:confused: in settings or dial *#06#
    It shows Invalid IMEI twice upon dialing *#06#.

Its not the fault of the ROM , It's a defect of your device.
    Bro you have lost your imei no. , so if you install any other ROM your sims will never get detected (Even the stock Rom).

Your phone is completely useless now ,fix it or else you need to send the device to the service center.
    First try to restore your IMEI by searching some tutorial on google or post your query in help and troubleshooting section.

Are you new to all this rooting stuff ? I request to everyone , please stay away from this stuff if your not an expert otherwise you will most probably damage your device.

FLASH ROM'S AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are not responsible for any bricked phones or damages caused. You lose warranty when you root/flash ROMS on your phone.