Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

having problem on shifting from one custom rom to another need help !

Tip us?

akashpaul21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default having problem on shifting from one custom rom to another need help !

Hey everybody. I just wanted to point out one issue which I faced.. Actually still facing, while shifting from one custom ROM to another.
Getting straight to the point. Few days earlier I installed this custom ROM named "MERE" abv. For "most epic ROM ever" in my canvas a116 (HD)
But now when i tried to install another custom rom "miui v.4.6.27" the ROM got installed but every time I boot, the opening screen of "mere" pops up. I have wiped data and did all the requisites from the recovery menu. And yea another thing, when trying to enter the recovery too, the opening screen of "mere" is popping out before the options "volume up for recovery. Volume down for factory" comes to fore.
I would be highly grateful if some body can suggest a way to remove the opening screen of the previous ROM. Thank you
P.s. I use cwm.

shivrajsingh
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashpaul21 View Post
Hey everybody. I just wanted to point out one issue which I faced.. Actually still facing, while shifting from one custom ROM to another.
Getting straight to the point. Few days earlier I installed this custom ROM named "MERE" abv. For "most epic ROM ever" in my canvas a116 (HD)
But now when i tried to install another custom rom "miui v.4.6.27" the ROM got installed but every time I boot, the opening screen of "mere" pops up. I have wiped data and did all the requisites from the recovery menu. And yea another thing, when trying to enter the recovery too, the opening screen of "mere" is popping out before the options "volume up for recovery. Volume down for factory" comes to fore.
I would be highly grateful if some body can suggest a way to remove the opening screen of the previous ROM. Thank you
P.s. I use cwm.
Because MIUI dont change logo.bin. You need to flash stock rom or stock deodexed rom by cmahendra. Then install Miui. I dont know how to change in running android.
The Following User Says Thank You to shivrajsingh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akashpaul21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivrajsingh View Post
Because MIUI dont change logo.bin. You need to flash stock rom or stock deodexed rom by cmahendra. Then install Miui. I dont know how to change in running android.
Hey thanks for replying, i actually tried to flash a stock rom still no effect ! i tried to flash this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2306461 with no avail. i will try to flash the one you said and will let ya know

shivrajsingh
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashpaul21 View Post
Hey thanks for replying, i actually tried to flash a stock rom still no effect ! i tried to flash this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2306461 with no avail. i will try to flash the one you said and will let ya know
It also might not have included logo.bin. But I have tried cmahendra's stock deodexed rom many times. That will surely work. Just flash that and miui after that. No data wipe needed.

akashpaul21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivrajsingh View Post
It also might not have included logo.bin. But I have tried cmahendra's stock deodexed rom many times. That will surely work. Just flash that and miui after that. No data wipe needed.
Thanks man that worked yipeee !