[Guide] How to Unbrick Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q

Search This thread

Amogh007

Oct 16, 2014
question

My phone bootsautomatically when connected to computer on usb. can this method work when phone is on

D

Deleted member 6096106

Thanks a lot buddy you saved my life....

hey buddy..
i rooted my phone for first time and tried to install the custom recovery..
accidentally i installed a wrong ROM meant for micromax A110 instead of ROM for A110Q.
I Flashed it from SP TOOLS according to above given instructions
i got my phone back into life but it lost its both IMEI

what sud i do now???:(

amolkar

Jan 20, 2015
s_da_sdmmc_write_failed error

I tried the steps mentioned in this post for stock rom v1, but I received this error: s_da_sdmmc_write_failed.

What should I do?

vatsalbh9

Oct 5, 2014
Thanks in tonnes...
This method worked like a charm...
My bricked canvas plus now working fine...
Just wait a few mins for the first boot and vollllla...

KIRA.

Jul 8, 2014
SP Flash Tool Error 8038

please help i am getting this error
please reply ASAP
Ty

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 92

himansh

Oct 17, 2014
This worked.

My phone was facing boot loop problem. After doing all these steps, my phone is ok now.:D:D

smartsam.dhavle

Sep 13, 2014
No space error

Hi, I tried your method but I'm getting the no space error (5069) in sp tools ...is there any method to solve this error?
P.s- I am absolutely certain that I'm using the correct ROM...

iamamit007

Oct 14, 2015
Super ! :victory: Hey, I unbricked my phone using this technique.
My phone was stuck in a bootloop. This method worked Successfully, without any trouble.
Love you xdadevelopers.
Thanx a lot !

Bhumika107992

Aug 14, 2016
Doesn't work for my canvas 2 plus

Hi everyone, this is a guide that help you to unbrick Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q.
Follow all the steps carefully
1. Download the stock rom v1 from here . Do not download stock rom v2 from anywhere, that rom contain many bugs.
2. Download sp flash tools form here. (tool needed for flashing rom on the device)
3. Download USB drivers from here

Now you need to install the usb preloader drivers you just downlaoded.
To install the drivers:-
1.Extract the USB drivers.rar file.
2.Switch off your phone
3.Open device manager(search for "Device Manager") or click on computer properties , then device manager..
4.Connect your phone in OFF state
5.There will be a device named "mt65xx preloader" which will be there for some seconds.
You need to be quick at this. As soon as it is displayed, right click and click update driver.
Browse manually the files from usb drivers you extracted.

NOTE: THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 8

Now, if you are using windows 8 do this to install the drivers:
1. Dwonlaod the usb driver.rar file.
2. Hover pointer to Top Right corner of your screen, choose Settings from sidebar
3.Click last option "Change PC Settings"
4.Select "General"
5.Scroll to end and find "Restart Now" under "Advanced Startup". PC Will be in troubleshoot mode now
6.Once screen is back, select option "Troubleshoot"
7.Select "Advanced Options"
8.Select "Startup Settings"
9.Select "Restart"
Now important step. There will be several options to select from. You need to select "Option 7". For this press "7" key from number pad.
After your PC starts, follow above steps.
10. Choose the win 7 file from usb drivers.rar file to install drivers on windows 8 .

Now,
4. Extract ROM and Flash Tool
5. Open Flash_tool.exe from SP_FLASH Tools.
6.Select "Scatter-loading" and select "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" from ROM folder
7.Select "Download" option, it will search for phone now.(if does not detect your phone pull the battery out and put it in again.)
8.Switch OFF the phone.
9.Connect it with USB (in OFF state only) (proper divers must be installed as said above)
10.If all goes well you'll see data transfer. At the end there will be Green Circle in middle of screen which means ROM is flashed.(don't panic if there is no green circle just let it work for 10 minutes and unplug your phone from computer.)
11.Remove phone, Switch it ON.

Hi, Can you please see why I may be getting this issue whenever I try to download using SPFlash tool.
'BROM ERROR : S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3149)'
Sorry I can't attach screenshot due to forum policies.

Trav05

Nov 29, 2016
Sorry to reply to this old post but I'm a new user and can't create a new post yet. My A110Q is bricked. I tried flashing the stock Rom cause it keeps freezing and problems like com.process of various apps keeps occurring. No matter how many times I refreshed the rom the Same problem occurred. And I kept on reflashing till the freezing and errors occurred less frequently frequently. But this morning It freezed and I removed the battery and its totally dead now. The pc doesn't detect it and I can't flash via SP. I heard something about mmx devices having a download mode or meta mode or something when you remove the battery and connect it without the battery while holding the volume down button and it connects that way... The pc detects it as com port 17 and I tried flashing it again but this time SP resulted in an error saying Enabl Dram Failed (4032) or something like that. I tried the latest version of SP and it says storage type mismatch scatter is NAND and target - none or something like that. Any fix for that? Any help would be appreciated.

AnkeshPrasad

Feb 19, 2017
Watch this video to know how to flash stock rom using windows 10

Hey guys if u are facing problem in flashing stock rom in your device, then watch this video. I cannot post the link now due to XDA rules but if you search Ankesh Prasad Stock Rom in youtube you will be able to find the video in my channel. Let me know if you face any problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, this is a guide that help you to unbrick Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q.
    Follow all the steps carefully
    1. Download the stock rom v1 from here . Do not download stock rom v2 from anywhere, that rom contain many bugs.
    2. Download sp flash tools form here. (tool needed for flashing rom on the device)
    3. Download USB drivers from here

Now you need to install the usb preloader drivers you just downlaoded.
    To install the drivers:-
    1.Extract the USB drivers.rar file.
    2.Switch off your phone
    3.Open device manager(search for "Device Manager") or click on computer properties , then device manager..
    4.Connect your phone in OFF state
    5.There will be a device named "mt65xx preloader" which will be there for some seconds.
    You need to be quick at this. As soon as it is displayed, right click and click update driver.
    Browse manually the files from usb drivers you extracted.

NOTE: THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 8

Now, if you are using windows 8 do this to install the drivers:
    1. Dwonlaod the usb driver.rar file.
    2. Hover pointer to Top Right corner of your screen, choose Settings from sidebar
    3.Click last option "Change PC Settings"
    4.Select "General"
    5.Scroll to end and find "Restart Now" under "Advanced Startup". PC Will be in troubleshoot mode now
    6.Once screen is back, select option "Troubleshoot"
    7.Select "Advanced Options"
    8.Select "Startup Settings"
    9.Select "Restart"
    Now important step. There will be several options to select from. You need to select "Option 7". For this press "7" key from number pad.
    After your PC starts, follow above steps.
    10. Choose the win 7 file from usb drivers.rar file to install drivers on windows 8 .

Now,
    4. Extract ROM and Flash Tool
    5. Open Flash_tool.exe from SP_FLASH Tools.
    6.Select "Scatter-loading" and select "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" from ROM folder
    7.Select "Download" option, it will search for phone now.(if does not detect your phone pull the battery out and put it in again.)
    8.Switch OFF the phone.
    9.Connect it with USB (in OFF state only) (proper divers must be installed as said above)
    10.If all goes well you'll see data transfer. At the end there will be Green Circle in middle of screen which means ROM is flashed.(don't panic if there is no green circle just let it work for 10 minutes and unplug your phone from computer.)
    11.Remove phone, Switch it ON.
    Thanks

Thanks for this guide. I think I bricked my Canvas2+. So I'm trying this now.
    I tried this and it worked. Successfully unbricked my phone.

Sent from my IQ446 Magic using Tapatalk
    hey did you successfully unbrick your phone?? and is the method working??? I also think that I bricked my phone....

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I rooted my phone using "Framaroot app" by Boromir exploit and also installed Superuser.
    Using ROM Toolbox pro, I changed the system font on my device.
    But when I tried to revert to the system font, the phone wont turn on; (I also forgot to take a Nandroid backup)
    The phone gets stuck at the boot logo.
    I can enter recovery mode, and I also factory reset my phone, wiped cache, etc, but its of no use (first it turns on and then after the boot logo animation, nothing happens....)
    Is my phone bricked????
    Please help.......
    Hey, I unbricked my phone using this technique. I think you're phone is stuck in a bootloop. This method will certainly work.