Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NOOB FRIENDLY POST[aSKaNyThINg] ASK ANY QUESTION

Tip us?

abhimanyu bajaj
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by archz2 View Post
oh! I just installed the latest patch only, thinking that it should fix all the previous ones just like in case of PC softwares, skipped all the previous patches. So what should I do now?
see each patch may fix a different bug than the other.. so install all.. starting from the oldest.
If you like the post please press the THANKS BUTTON =))

archz2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu bajaj View Post
see each patch may fix a different bug than the other.. so install all.. starting from the oldest.
Okay, so I can install the old patches now right? Having just the latest patch installed, I don't need to undo anything yeah?
Micromax A110Q Phone

abhimanyu bajaj
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by archz2 View Post
Okay, so I can install the old patches now right? Having just the latest patch installed, I don't need to undo anything yeah?
nope... just make sure they're in order of release... also.. install the latest patch at the end too..
If you like the post please press the THANKS BUTTON =))

manificent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fast Charging and Discharging.

Hello. I own a 10 month old rooted Canvas A 110Q. It normally has a poor battery life. I already got a swollen battery after 8 months usage. Now I don't use a Micromax battery but one which is specifically meant for A110. It worked fine for a while. Now when I charge my phone, it reaches 100% from 5% in less than 15 minutes. And when unplugged, the battery goes back to 5% in less than 15 minutes too. I have tried battery calibration by allowing an app delete the .bin file. But no use of that. What could be the problem?

archz2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have a 110q phone myself as old as yours. IMO, I'd suggest you to buy Micromax batteries only. And.. Install a custom ROM. I've installed pure xperia (heavily recommended) on my phone with a lot of help from people out here, and my phone's battery life has significantly improved.
Micromax A110Q Phone

manificent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh, okay. I'll buy Micromax Batteries at the earliest.
How do I install custom ROM? I have once tried it with a Galaxy Y and bricked it. Somehow I got it back up and running but I've grown a fear towards doing that kind of stuff ever since. I don't want my Canvas bricked too now. If you could explain me how (or share the link that helped you), I'll be glad.
Thanks!
Sent from my Micromax A110Q using XDA Free mobile app

archz2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well.. First root your phone using an app called Framaroot.

Then, get mobile uncle tools.

Download a clock work start up recovery image available for your mobile here on xda.

Install it using mobile uncle tools.

Back up everything important using titanium back up app

Download the xperia rom for mmx A110q phone with all the patches and updates here.

Flash it in cwm recovery mode at start up.

Voila.. Done.. For any queries feel free to contact me.
Micromax A110Q Phone
The Following User Says Thank You to archz2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sandeep37
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by manificent View Post
Hello. I own a 10 month old rooted Canvas A 110Q. It normally has a poor battery life. I already got a swollen battery after 8 months usage. Now I don't use a Micromax battery but one which is specifically meant for A110. It worked fine for a while. Now when I charge my phone, it reaches 100% from 5% in less than 15 minutes. And when unplugged, the battery goes back to 5% in less than 15 minutes too. I have tried battery calibration by allowing an app delete the .bin file. But no use of that. What could be the problem?

It is the problem of your battery. Replace it and always use mmx batteries for better performance as it is made for our phones...
The Following User Says Thank You to sandeep37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HridayHS
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Please Can You Upload The Stock Boot Animation

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q