FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

cardboard? (Galaxy Note 4)

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By npt1988, Member on 26th October 2014, 12:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone know if i can make/buy a Cardboard-like vr thing for the note 4? I believe that the gear vr will not be released anytime soon.

26th October 2014, 11:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I've got a Google cardboard from when I had a Samsung galaxy s5 but the note 4 is too big to fit properly...

So if you buy or make one make sure it's bigger than the generic one so the note 4 will fit.
6th December 2014, 06:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npt1988

Does anyone know if i can make/buy a Cardboard-like vr thing for the note 4? I believe that the gear vr will not be released anytime soon.

Better late than never

Note 4 doesn't fit well in Google Cardboard but is possible to use , just be sure to give it few more rubbers to not loose your Note4.

There's also available unofficial XL version, but it's much expensive, there's a lot similar devices like : SmartBox3D, Durovis Dive, Stooksy
Use VR player for dedicated VR SBS movies, but remove magnets before this. Effects are stunning.
22nd December 2014, 06:04 PM |#4  
Flag Lebanon NH
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npt1988

Sorry, are you referring to a consumer edition of the Gear VR? Because the Gear VR Innovator Edition has already been released, it's been on sale since Dec. 8th for $200... Apparently it is completely possible to use any Google Cardboard VR apps with it as well, you just need to block the Oculus Home app from launching. There's a thread about it somewhere on this site, can't remember where but just search.
2nd June 2015, 06:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 254

Donate to Me
More
3D VR Glasses overview and demonstration: https://youtu.be/nEALrvhDfIU
4th June 2015, 03:54 AM |#6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongilluley

I've got a Google cardboard from when I had a Samsung galaxy s5 but the note 4 is too big to fit properly...

So if you buy or make one make sure it's bigger than the generic one so the note 4 will fit.

I have this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251766752348
fits the note 4 perfectly, without any cases.

One problem is that, it doesn't have any magnetic switch. I sometimes use a piece of neodymium magnet salvaged from a hard drive as a substitute.
13th June 2015, 02:20 AM |#7  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
In case you were still curious about this Google has made a new version of their cardboard that will support the larger phones. I use a version of the original that I modified the dimensions on to fit my Note 2 and it works great with my Note 4. I just found out though that the magnetic sensor is in a different spot.

On the original cardboard layout the magnet is closer to the top (upper right of the phone when laid top side to the left) and on the Note 2 it worked fine. It didn't work with the Note 4. I moved the magnet across the top of the phone and it triggers right in the middle in line with the camera. I moved the magnet in my cardboard to rest in the middle and it works perfectly.
14th June 2015, 06:57 AM |#8  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 12

More
http://www.imcardboard.com/giant-ver...-with-nfc.html

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2015, 04:39 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could you please send me a pic of your magnet mod on the note 4

I cannot get mine to work.

My email is nmcp@shaw.ca