Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION] Moto 360

Tip us?

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Probably launched "end of summer" sometime fairly soon and available for purchase close to October 18th! Haha

Sent from Galaxy S3 running CM11
Sent from Galaxy SIII running CM11

searty
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Oh god, that wait will be painful if true.

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by searty View Post
Oh god, that wait will be painful if true.
Agreed, I'd hope its sooner, but who knows. I spilled water on my phone (Galaxy S3), and it messed up the display a bit. It looks like I'll be spending my money on a new phone instead of on a Moto360. I sure hope my wife will understand my extreme desire for both!

But probably not.... Hahaha

Sent from Galaxy S3 running CM11
Sent from Galaxy SIII running CM11

TiberiusRex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Also one thing I found deep in another forum that I don't see in this thread (I have been researching every scrap of info I can find on this like a madman since its announcement) was from someone who is friends with a guy who works for Motorola was able to wrestle the info that it should be a "Charge every other day" kind of thing for battery life. At least that is/was their plan as of the middle of July. I'm guessing it will have better battery than the other two wear devices but I wouldn't expect a miracle. So with the power saving features like the screen shutting off, using the light sensor instead of max brightness, and whatever other magic Motorola comes up with, and only light usage you might be able to get a 2 days, ( e.g. ~6am - ~8-10pm the next day.) With Li-Ion batteries the less dead they get each charge cycle the better for overall battery health and number of recharges before it degrades, so you will want to charge it every night if you can. This also leaves room for when the battery does start to degrade so it will still last you a day for quite a long time. Kind of like the current wear devices but more of a margin here. Side note: I do not get why people have an issue with the black bar, it's necessary and gives it a place for the notification text to line up with. The only restriction it creates is that the whole display might not be able to flip upside down without some issues. And no tilting watch display as suggested early in this thread.

everlast716
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Regarding the rumors circling that the moto 360 will be made out of plastic, just didn't seem plausible to me either... http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/01...de-of-plastic/
Tags
android, moto360, wearable