Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION] Moto 360

Tip us?

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma11en View Post
The LG R may have a full circle display but it looks like quite a gap from the edge of the display to the bezel. The bezel itself looks a lot bigger than the Moto 360's too.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4149
Why is a round face more functional for a data device which, because of their presentation of information, wearables are? I get the aesthetic benefit but Bauhaus (form follows function) would have a stroke. Would anyone here buy a round tablet or smartphone?

knoxploration
Old
Thanks Meter 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma11en View Post
I'd rather feel the gap than feel the bezel, thanks LG.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Head of an Android household: HTC One X+ International 64GB, HTC One X International 32GB, Google Nexus 10, two hopelessly unstable Asus Eee Pad Transformers (32GB and 16GB, each with keyboard docks; remember -- friends don't let friends buy Asus), Samsung Galaxy Ace, and a Fuhu Nabi 2.

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9975
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Why is a round face more functional for a data device which, because of their presentation of information, wearables are? I get the aesthetic benefit but Bauhaus (form follows function) would have a stroke. Would anyone here buy a round tablet or smartphone?
For me it's just the notion that a watch has to be round

julz
Old
Thanks Meter 112
So many choices now! I'm debating whether to go for the Moto 360, LG R Watch or the new Sony SmartWatch 3. I've currently got the SmartWatch 2 and really happy with it. Battery life is good at around 4 days.

--==SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA FAN SITE==--
Current devices: Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Sony SmartWatch 2, HTC Sensation
Most recent past devices: HTC One X, Samsung Nexus S, HTC Magic

LittleKiller
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post
So many choices now! I'm debating whether to go for the Moto 360, LG R Watch or the new Sony SmartWatch 3. I've currently got the SmartWatch 2 and really happy with it. Battery life is good at around 4 days.
I'm still sticking with the moto 360. They say they've got a round display... yes. but what they also have is alot more bezel. the reasong why the moto360 doesn't have a round screen is that they need to stash away those sensors. The moto 360 is a beautifull thing. Even for non-nerds such as us but the lg watch has a very high geek level which i personally think is unnecessary these days.

drewahner
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default The first worth-it smart watch

For the first time, I think I am interested in the smart-watch market. This is BEAUTIFUL

ChodTheWacko
Old
Thanks Meter 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
It's different. A watch is a piece of jewelry so aesthetic value is more significant.
Galaxy Note FAQ: http://lishutterbug.com/note
57K and growing!

The Following User Says Thank You to ChodTheWacko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, moto360, wearable