M360 Available at Select Best Buy Stores. Does Yours Have It?

Search This thread

Cyphir

Jan 22, 2012
My local Best Buy in Bevercreek OH is showing in stock, but it seems it is not mine. I have a preorder. I just called in and they can't even tell me where I am on the preorder list, and haven't even processed the truck yet. Wish they would hurry up so I can know if it is my watch on the truck or not.

Sent from my XT1049 using XDA Free mobile app

Do_Whut_Now

Sep 15, 2014
WHAT? When did you get it. I was at that very store last week as the website showed them as having one in stock but they repeatedly told me it was the display model that was showing up! Muppets.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I feel your pain, man. Been thru it myself. The key is to not even talk to these guys to see if they have it. Just walk on in and look in that locked glass case. Just peer in there and look for the only rounded box in the lot (mine was buried deep in there). Then bug the crap out of a rep to open the case, which is exactly what I did. The box was definitely placed in a way so that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can see it when walking by. It was piled with a bunch of Samsung's smart watches. I wish you luck though! Perseverance is key.

v3ngence

Dec 24, 2008
Amoungst all the price gouging on ebay and craigslist, I managed to find an honest seller and scooped one up for $250! (the local Best Buy is perpetu-out)

pZXK2jS.jpg

LBCaptivate

Sep 30, 2010
Austin
I order one online with Best Buy on the 11th and got it today. I ordered another one from BB on Sunday and it will arrive Thursday. I just got lucjy both time. I just kept checking there site for availability. I chose standard shipping for both. I got the first one ordered around 8 am and the 2nd one around 11 am. Within about 10 minutes of placing each order they sold out. I was not sure what color to get so I got both. One will go back to BB or I will sell it to someone at work.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, man. Been thru it myself. The key is to not even talk to these guys to see if they have it. Just walk on in and look in that locked glass case. Just peer in there and look for the only rounded box in the lot (mine was buried deep in there). Then bug the crap out of a rep to open the case, which is exactly what I did. The box was definitely placed in a way so that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can see it when walking by. It was piled with a bunch of Samsung's smart watches. I wish you luck though! Perseverance is key.

That's what I did. I had the guy open the glass case and we took everything out and it wasn't there. I think I must have got there too late or a little too early before they had a chance to take it out of their delivery boxes. Anyway, I just got an email that the one I ordered from Google play just got shipped. Would have preferred buying from Best Buy though as returning it would be much easier if there's a problem.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011

And you know why it's placed like that? Because a Best Buy employee is trying to reserve it for himself, and probably lying to customers all day long about availability.

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
They are in store ready for pick up in the Austin, Round Rock, Killeen, Cedar Park Texas area.

Ian. B

Cr4z33

Oct 14, 2011
Salento, Italy
And you know why it's placed like that? Because a Best Buy employee is trying to reserve it for himself, and probably lying to customers all day long about availability.

Can't you people just try to buy/pre-order the 360 from Amazon to avoid all that nightmare at BB?

Honestly I wouldn't accept all what is happening.
I live in Italy and although it's gonna be available in some big physical stores I preferred to pre-order it at Amazon.
IMO Amazon > Rest of the World! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1

TheJesus

Nov 12, 2010
High Point, NC
For anyone trying to pre-order at Best Buy, you need to tell them to use BEAST and usually through a mobile department computer. You might have to ask a few of them as it's their older back system, so most aren't familiar with it. Good luck!

macawmatt

Jul 28, 2010
Our local BB had several in stock when we called, wouldn't give us numbers over the phone, only more then a few. We called right when they opened.

Get there over an hour later, they had already sold four on Sunday morning. I got mine (silver model) and left to get some lunch. On the way to the restaurant, realized that mine was either a return, or one they opened in the store to look at. Problem with option B, they have floor models on display. Luckily they still had another, brand new, unmolested one.

When we stopped by on Friday to look at them, one of the sales guys said that they were selling them as fast as they could get them.

AndrewAmazed

Jun 26, 2010
Southern California
Can't you people just try to buy/pre-order the 360 from Amazon to avoid all that nightmare at BB?

Honestly I wouldn't accept all what is happening.
I live in Italy and although it's gonna be available in some big physical stores I preferred to pre-order it at Amazon.
IMO Amazon > Rest of the World! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1

They aren't available on Amazon haha.
The only options are the Play Store, Motorola, or Best Buy.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Best Buy in Knoxville, TN showing as in-stock again.

Best Buy in Knoxville, TN not actually in stock, again.

I'm starting to think it's negative year at Best Buy: If they say it's in stock the one thing you can guarantee is that it's not.

Reactions: aimfire72

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Anyone do a pre-order in store? I did last Friday, guy promised I'd have within 1-3 days... that didn't happen, still waiting. How long have people had to wait?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Almost got in a fight at local best buy tonight. I called and was told they had them but could not hold. Drove straight down there and they said they didn't have any because they were holding 2 for people. I asked if they were paid for and they said no. I told them what they told me and that they were going to sell one to me. They said no, I said get your manager. Manager was rude so I told him I would take it up with corporate. Guess he didn't like that.....someone is going to be pissed when they get there and there isn't one waiting for them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I also live outside 495 and here in MD none of the stores I called will have it ... pleaaaase let me know if you find a store, I'll go to VA if I have to

Will do. I called Springfield and the manager said that Motorola was announcing it but Best Buy wasn't selling the Moto 360 at all. I asked if he was sure and he said yes. I asked if he was absolutely sure and he said yes again. He even went as far as to tell me that it didn't even appear in his computer.

He sounded rather confident about his answer, so I didn't bother telling him he was an idiot.
    Heh! As a Best Buy employee I probably shouldn't tell you that I bought mine before the store even opened and no customers even got a chance to see it. I'm surprised employees are allowed to do stuff like that, but it's one of the few perks of being an underpaid/overworked retail employee.
    Most stores get their trucks 2 or 3 days a week. From what I've noticed, stores have been getting shipments of 360's once a week and they've only been getting quantities of 2 (2 black, 2 silver). I'm guessing Motorola should start pushing out more than 4 per store per week soon.

I found it interesting that my store is perpetually out of stock on the silver ones, yet an employee there was proud to show his off to me. There should be like a 2-week wait time before BB employees are allowed to buy new items, but this is BB we're talking about, not exactly an upstanding organization.

I used this site to find BB had some in stock. Then checked BB store stock with zip code. Guess I could have just checked on BB directly.

But, now I see Motorola site has Black & Gray in stock and total limit of 4 in cart: 2 one color, 2 other color.

Maybe stock will *not* be a problem?

Oh, stock's still a problem, believe me. Motorola couldn't be botching this launch any worse if they tried.

Right now, having tried from my laptop on Comcast cable, and my phone on T-Mobile data:

* The black watch shows in-stock now on Motorola.com

* If you go through the entire order process to the review page, stock availability changes to "Oct 6, 2014" -- ie. no stock available online for the next three weeks

* If you try to complete your order, you are then shown a message that "Some items in your cart are no longer available", and the order is refused. This, despite the cart now having been changed to indicate stock available on October 6th.

* Switch to a different device, and it changes back to saying the device is in-stock, now.

What a joke. Best Buy have no idea if they have stock and refuse orders. Motorola have no idea if they have stock and refuse orders. Google haven't had stock in ages. It's just pathetic.
    I am starting to believe that to. But it seems to be in situations that they have one left (unless that is really a gitch on BBY's web site).

yep. saw this at a bb mobile in St. Louis. While the guy didn't buy one for himself, when I asked if they had any in stock he said, "even if we did have them in stock we wouldn't because i'm buying the first one we get." What a freaking douche. I emailed best buy CEO on him for the comment.