M360 Available at Select Best Buy Stores. Does Yours Have It?

Search This thread

DroidDavi

Mar 29, 2010
Las Vegas
So 2 bestbuys in vegas say there in stock but when i call they say they dont have them. Im not sure if i should call bs or maybe there system is just trash

TheJesus

Nov 12, 2010
High Point, NC
Also, to add to my previous post. If you want to get past the "Do you have the Moto 360?" "Nope" convo that will happen because they won't actually check, just ask them directly to check a SKU in RSS and then give them the one you want to know about. If they recognize the number before searching, you'll know they've already checked it that day. I've only had one actually recognize the number.

chino0131

Feb 22, 2010
Washington, DC
Best Buy in Stafford VA has three in stock. Checking out with mine now. If you call a store don't ask if the Moto 360 is in stock. Try giving the sku. Also, they didnt have them in the set up 360 display area. They kept them in the locked mobile area. Guy said Manassas store had 2 in stock still, and Fredericksburg has 2. His opinion....further away from a big City the more likely it is they may be in stock. Had to drive further south from DC but it was worth it.

Last edited:

smalltownbird

Jan 27, 2010
I live in Newport news and saw Fredericksburg had some in stock. I was really tempted to drive 2 hours and get one

sshark

Sep 17, 2008
TL;DR
Serious issues with Best Buy inventory. Casually walked in BB with almost no hope of finding one and got Black. BB West Oaks (Houston) has two silver left.

Best Buy inventory is obviously not getting updated. I casually walked in only to be told that only one SILVER is in stock.

Second guy started digging through a shopping card (!) which had many many wearables dumped in. We literally started digging through the cart ..and found 2 SILVERS and 1 BLACK. I took the black one!!

Initial impression is that ..it doesn't feel like a smartwatch. I definitely yearn for some speed. Battery is taking a toll as I use it. Down from 100% at 4pm to 53% at 8pm...received few texts, alerts and 35 mins of RunKeeper.
Not sure whether I will keep this or not! Wait and watch ...begins.

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Yeah after checking the BB inventory several times a day for the past week, I've gotten very good at interpreting it. Just about every store in my area that shows stock, are indeed in stock. Problem is, they're all for pre-orders! From my several visits to many different stores plus what I'm seeing on the site, it looks like all the BB's in my area only got ONE shipment this week of 1-4 watches each. And of course, they're already claimed for pre-orders. I actually did a pre-order last week - guy promised me within 3 days. Been 8 days and nothing!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

aviatordoc

May 7, 2013
CHA
Just keep checking BB website for store close to you. Just found one in my local store ths AM, called and had them put one away in my name, drove over and picked it up. spent under 5 min at store.

griff22usmc

Jul 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Best Buy in Charlotte NC has 4 of them. I waited for the truck to come in yesterday... Left my number. Went in today and they had 4 in Stock, one of which was mine I asked to hold. There are a few stores with 30 miles who have them.

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
It showed not in stock at around the time of your message for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hey @knoxploration I just stopped by BB to return the pebble steel band. I have the gray Moto 360 and I am sticking with the original leather strap.

I checked stock on Moto 360 and they had three black in stock at Crabtree BB in Raleigh, NC. I could have bought all three, they pulled them off the truck for me so my timing was lucky, but instead I just got one. It is still in the BB sealed bag, with receipt dated 09/19/2014 14:14.

If you want it, and we can figure out a way to pay at cost, please DM me. I can put it and receipt in a box and ship UPS or Fedex or USPS today.

If not, then good luck on finding one at your BB.

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Went to a BB Mobile that showed in stock on the web site. Figured no one goes there, might have a chance. Got there and was first told no, they sold it this morning, then changed to "an hour ago". Yeah right. Always that story. So I asked her to look up which stores did have stock, she gave me one that had 3 and was fairly close by.

I called to verify and ask to hold it for me. Girl on phone tells me no, they don't actually have any. Told her I was just in a store 5 min ago and it showed they had stock. She told me no again, that the other store's computer must be "slow"... Uh, OK.

Went back home and looked again a couple of hours later. That store was showing stock. Called again, got a different girl and guess what? Sure enough, they had some stock. Asked her to put aside for me and she agreed. So I picked it up, thanked her in person for actually taking time to look and save for me.

BB employees... mostly a lot of bad, lazy, and/or not so bright ones... but every now and then you run across a great one that's happy to help you out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

HankB

May 9, 2014
Now that I've ordered one from Moto (delivery date October 6) the local BBs seem to have them coming out of their ears. :(

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Hey @knoxploration I just stopped by BB to return the pebble steel band. I have the gray Moto 360 and I am sticking with the original leather strap.

I checked stock on Moto 360 and they had three black in stock at Crabtree BB in Raleigh, NC. I could have bought all three, they pulled them off the truck for me so my timing was lucky, but instead I just got one. It is still in the BB sealed bag, with receipt dated 09/19/2014 14:14.

If you want it, and we can figure out a way to pay at cost, please DM me. I can put it and receipt in a box and ship UPS or Fedex or USPS today.

If not, then good luck on finding one at your BB.

Thanks, I ended up getting an order in with Moto after much hassle, with a ridiculous three-week wait (that they don't tell you about until they have your CC details, they just say "In Stock".) So I ordered there just so I wouldn't have to deal with the grief any more.

My understanding is that it's a pain in the butt getting Moto to cancel an order after the first two hours, so I'll just wait it out... Thanks again, though!

StEVO_M

Jun 25, 2010
Remington
Picked mine up Friday night 9/19 at Best Buy in Gainseville. Not sure where you live in N VA, but they might still have one.

moinsheriff

Jan 28, 2011
Dubai - UAE
Walked into a best buy store yesterday at Tysons Corner, VA and one employee told me they dont have it in stock. Asked a different employee and he said they had only one in stock, the black one. Long story short, i picked one up. Surprising as i thought best buys were sold out

Reactions: aimfire72

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Walked into a best buy store yesterday at Tysons Corner, VA and one employee told me they dont have it in stock. Asked a different employee and he said they had only one in stock, the black one. Long story short, i picked one up. Surprising as i thought best buys were sold out

That's what you have to do, ask different employees, always try one from a different dept. I went through the same crap when Chromecast first came out and they were flying off shelves. I strongly suspect the BB employees hold stuff for themselves, their friends, and/or buy to sell on CL and eBay.

I found it interesting that my store is perpetually out of stock on the silver ones, yet an employee there was proud to show his off to me. There should be like a 2-week wait time before BB employees are allowed to buy new items, but this is BB we're talking about, not exactly an upstanding organization.

jeren17

Apr 15, 2010
Heh! As a Best Buy employee I probably shouldn't tell you that I bought mine before the store even opened and no customers even got a chance to see it. I'm surprised employees are allowed to do stuff like that, but it's one of the few perks of being an underpaid/overworked retail employee.
Most stores get their trucks 2 or 3 days a week. From what I've noticed, stores have been getting shipments of 360's once a week and they've only been getting quantities of 2 (2 black, 2 silver). I'm guessing Motorola should start pushing out more than 4 per store per week soon.

I found it interesting that my store is perpetually out of stock on the silver ones, yet an employee there was proud to show his off to me. There should be like a 2-week wait time before BB employees are allowed to buy new items, but this is BB we're talking about, not exactly an upstanding organization.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Found one hidden in the back of the locked watch case at Best Buy last night. The website wasn't even giving the option to check store availability at that time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Almost got in a fight at local best buy tonight. I called and was told they had them but could not hold. Drove straight down there and they said they didn't have any because they were holding 2 for people. I asked if they were paid for and they said no. I told them what they told me and that they were going to sell one to me. They said no, I said get your manager. Manager was rude so I told him I would take it up with corporate. Guess he didn't like that.....someone is going to be pissed when they get there and there isn't one waiting for them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I also live outside 495 and here in MD none of the stores I called will have it ... pleaaaase let me know if you find a store, I'll go to VA if I have to

Will do. I called Springfield and the manager said that Motorola was announcing it but Best Buy wasn't selling the Moto 360 at all. I asked if he was sure and he said yes. I asked if he was absolutely sure and he said yes again. He even went as far as to tell me that it didn't even appear in his computer.

He sounded rather confident about his answer, so I didn't bother telling him he was an idiot.
    Heh! As a Best Buy employee I probably shouldn't tell you that I bought mine before the store even opened and no customers even got a chance to see it. I'm surprised employees are allowed to do stuff like that, but it's one of the few perks of being an underpaid/overworked retail employee.
    Most stores get their trucks 2 or 3 days a week. From what I've noticed, stores have been getting shipments of 360's once a week and they've only been getting quantities of 2 (2 black, 2 silver). I'm guessing Motorola should start pushing out more than 4 per store per week soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    I used this site to find BB had some in stock. Then checked BB store stock with zip code. Guess I could have just checked on BB directly.

But, now I see Motorola site has Black & Gray in stock and total limit of 4 in cart: 2 one color, 2 other color.

Maybe stock will *not* be a problem?

Oh, stock's still a problem, believe me. Motorola couldn't be botching this launch any worse if they tried.

Right now, having tried from my laptop on Comcast cable, and my phone on T-Mobile data:

* The black watch shows in-stock now on Motorola.com

* If you go through the entire order process to the review page, stock availability changes to "Oct 6, 2014" -- ie. no stock available online for the next three weeks

* If you try to complete your order, you are then shown a message that "Some items in your cart are no longer available", and the order is refused. This, despite the cart now having been changed to indicate stock available on October 6th.

* Switch to a different device, and it changes back to saying the device is in-stock, now.

What a joke. Best Buy have no idea if they have stock and refuse orders. Motorola have no idea if they have stock and refuse orders. Google haven't had stock in ages. It's just pathetic.
    I am starting to believe that to. But it seems to be in situations that they have one left (unless that is really a gitch on BBY's web site).

yep. saw this at a bb mobile in St. Louis. While the guy didn't buy one for himself, when I asked if they had any in stock he said, "even if we did have them in stock we wouldn't because i'm buying the first one we get." What a freaking douche. I emailed best buy CEO on him for the comment.