Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Motorola Moto 360 to be set ARV $249 ??

OP Mrtoxicgamer10

9th July 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Does anyone happen to know the validity of this 249$ price?
9th July 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

15 posts
Damn that's expensive.
9th July 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I guess, this is the cost of innovations nowadays
10th July 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #14  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 367

1,338 posts
More
A regular quality watch already cost about 250-500$. I would happily buy this product between 250$-350$.
The Following User Says Thank You to Semseddin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #15  
Flag America
Thanks Meter: 19

122 posts
More
I have doubts that the watch is going to retail for $250, given that its competitors are selling for $200 (Gear Live) and $230 (G Watch)

Moto does however sell some competitively priced devices, maybe this will follow suit. However, I'd happily buy it for 300-350 dollars.
20th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 19

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by appledroid

I have doubts that the watch is going to retail for $250, given that its competitors are selling for $200 (Gear Live) and $230 (G Watch)

Moto does however sell some competitively priced devices, maybe this will follow suit. However, I'd happily buy it for 300-350 dollars.

It's been listed for a while online in my local market for €290, or US$394, including 25% sales and value added tax, which would translate to €232, and US$315 respectively before tax, but with import duties to the EU.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semseddin

A regular quality watch already cost about 250-500$. I would happily buy this product between 250$-350$.

A regular high quality watch will likely last longer. These smartwatches are consumables. Expect to change as often as changing phones, if not more frequently. Although not quite comparable I've been through a few, all from SonyEricsson. The non replaceable rechargeable battery will die, and of course technology marches on so either the next generation becomes more frugal, and hence lasting longer between charges, or slimmer, or more powerful, or all of it, and screens go up in resolution etc. Well, we all know the drill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgety For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #17  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 367

1,338 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgety

It's been listed for a while online in my local market for 290, or US$394, including 25% sales and value added tax, which would translate to 232, and US$315 respectively before tax, but with import duties to the EU.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

A regular high quality watch will likely last longer. These smartwatches are consumables. Expect to change as often as changing phones, if not more frequently. Although not quite comparable I've been through a few, all from SonyEricsson. The non replaceable rechargeable battery will die, and of course technology marches on so either the next generation becomes more frugal, and hence lasting longer between charges, or slimmer, or more powerful, or all of it, and screens go up in resolution etc. Well, we all know the drill.

Good point and understood but i believe this is not a sony, samsung or lg product. The products of Motorola are made to stand well and last imho. Even if technologically it would grow old by time, a working and quality device would be enough for many of us after the years. I still have a V3 working in mint condition and that was bought in 2005. Bought a droid razr in 2011 which was pristine condition after two years of usage without any kind of protection. This is what i mean about motorola. The frame and the strap of the watch look to be made good quality. I wouldn't like them to market us a consumable plastic device that would break in a year but at least should last for 3-5 years. Hopefully they would deliver this kind of product to us with the 360. That's why i wouldn't want to them to price it cheap and sting me a new cheap made one every year. This is what sony and samsung does.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android wear, moto 360, motorola, smartwatch
Previous Thread Next Thread