Is this a normal battery usage pattern

Search This thread

Jessestr

May 2, 2012
Hey people!

Just got the Moto 360, first time battery really drained pretty quickly. Searched around forums, reinstalled the watch etc. It runs on 5.1.1 (and I am aware of the confirmed bug in Android). Though I'd like to share my second day of battery. Charged it yesterday to 94% at 23:00, reinstalled the watch. Had 78% left, didn't charge untill then. See the screenshot of the battery usage. Is this kind of normal?

Many thanks for your input! I am still doubting to get a other smartwatch with kind of slightly better battery life. Was hoping for 2 days, but it doesn't cut it. I have ambient off, wrist gestures off, tilt to wake off. I don't mind the watch being off actually. Just a quick tap to see the time is fine for me. I mostly did some google searches today and a short navigation test.

Maybe I'll get the Pebble Time... who knows. This watch is so perfect... but the battery is slightly average. How are you experiences towards the battery? Dealbreaker?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-25-19-17-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-25-19-17-10.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 460

nijom

Mar 23, 2012
Chennai
it getts better with time..

Hey people!

Just got the Moto 360, first time battery really drained pretty quickly. Searched around forums, reinstalled the watch etc. It runs on 5.1.1 (and I am aware of the confirmed bug in Android). Though I'd like to share my second day of battery. Charged it yesterday to 94% at 23:00, reinstalled the watch. Had 78% left, didn't charge untill then. See the screenshot of the battery usage. Is this kind of normal?

Many thanks for your input! I am still doubting to get a other smartwatch with kind of slightly better battery life. Was hoping for 2 days, but it doesn't cut it. I have ambient off, wrist gestures off, tilt to wake off. I don't mind the watch being off actually. Just a quick tap to see the time is fine for me. I mostly did some google searches today and a short navigation test.

Maybe I'll get the Pebble Time... who knows. This watch is so perfect... but the battery is slightly average. How are you experiences towards the battery? Dealbreaker?

even I wasn't impressed on the first week... my battery used to run down to 35% (from 100) in 10 hours...
but the backup was better as time went on... also after 5.1.1 update (and a reset after update) the battery life is great....
now I get 60-65% left when I return home....
I use to charge to 100% and switch it off before going to bed and start my day with the 100%.
65% left by evening could do another day but I have never tried!

kxhaz

Aug 21, 2009
Kansas City
Hey people!

I know people have had issues with navigation and it not turning off when they are done. What were you doing during the part when the battery drained fast (looks like 1 to 5 pm)? When I go for a run with runkeeper on (using GPS) I see drain that looks like that for the hour to two that I am out. I have found for most normal days that I can make it through a day. Active days with a run will be 20% to 30% at the end of the day. Non-active days without a run will be 30% to 50% at the end. My day is 5:30 am to 10:30 pm.

Digital DJ

Nov 16, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4
My watch has been off charger since 7:30 this am. It is now 12:52 and the battery is at 66%. I'm not sure if this is good or bad as I just got the watch a few days ago. I have disconnected the WiFi as I don't need notifications when I don't have my phone on me. Is it possible to turn certain notifications off? I like getting notifications on my phones for like twitter feeds I follow or G+ but I don't want them on my watch. I do want texts and emails to my watch though...

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
My watch has been off charger since 7:30 this am. It is now 12:52 and the battery is at 66%. I'm not sure if this is good or bad as I just got the watch a few days ago. I have disconnected the WiFi as I don't need notifications when I don't have my phone on me. Is it possible to turn certain notifications off? I like getting notifications on my phones for like twitter feeds I follow or G+ but I don't want them on my watch. I do want texts and emails to my watch though...

Thanks in advance

You can block individual app notifications from the settings in android wear app on your phone.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk 2