[TWRP][Surnia] Moto E 2015 Recovery

Search This thread

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
I'll keep this short because I'm leaving the computer.. pretty much now.

disclaimer: I didn't break it. Don't blame me.

This is NOT for the 3g model

what works:
display, touch, mounting everything (including sd-ext), adb. charging, temperature, rooting

untested:
flashing, formatting, backup, mounting otg, formatting data to ext4 (I think it will fail though).

looks iffy:
timezone data seems a bit off (by 1 hour, 5 mins), but who cares about that.

I provide you the recovery image. If someone wants to do some instructions, (Please only RC's with the device) then drop me a pm and I'll add you as a contributor.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
# or
fastboot boot recovery.img

This is tested on the GB version of the Moto E 2015. I understand that there is a 3g version of the moto e 2015. I will NOT be supporting this device, and I recommend you do NOT flash this recovery.

recovery images are distributed via the XDA Download system

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Surnia, Tool/Utility for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
cybojenix

Version Information

Created 2015-03-09
Last Updated 2015-03-08

Last edited:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
I'll add it to the first post when I'm at the pc, but rooting the device breaks camera when in SeLinux enforcing mode.

stockuser

Mar 4, 2015
Kolkata
@cybojenix Any plans of an updated TWRP for the 1st Gen Moto E users? We've been abandoned for long. A last official build from you will suffice for our Lollipop ROMs on Condor.

PS: We've just got official CM, if only you could please provide us a latest official TWRP build now. Just a humble request.

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
@cybojenix Any plans of an updated TWRP for the 1st Gen Moto E users? We've been abandoned for long. A last official build from you will suffice for our Lollipop ROMs on Condor.

PS: We've just got official CM, if only you could please provide us a latest official TWRP build now. Just a humble request.

Last time I checked, 5.0 isn't out on my variant.
I'm also probably going to vanish again this week, for personal reasons. So it depends.

pixiebob

May 29, 2010
montpellier
flash twrp _ success
install supersu via recovery _ success
install xposed framework _ success

fantastic, thanks again cybojenix

edit: no in fact xposed framework is installed but not working
edit2: **** bootloop , reflash firmware ...
edit3: it's ok now all working even xposed framework but if i have a problem not certain that Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip will working

Last edited:

stockuser

Mar 4, 2015
Kolkata
I'm also probably going to vanish again this week, for personal reasons. So it depends.

Thanks for your update on the situation.. Considering you're from UK, lollipop will sure take some time to roll out to Moto E. We aren't in a hurry or wanna ask for ETAs, just a humble request that in the future we'll get an official TWRP build updated on TWRP sources. There are some unofficial builds lurking around in the forum with numerous bugs. An official update in the future would ensure hitch free Lollipop custom ROM goodness for our E. We're eternally grateful to you for your work and would hope that one day you would provide an updated build. Thanks, won't be spamming any more this thread and post off topic.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
flash twrp _ success
install supersu via recovery _ success
install xposed framework _ success

fantastic, thanks again cybojenix

edit: no in fact xposed framework is installed but not working
edit2: **** bootloop , reflash firmware ...
edit3: it's ok now all working even xposed framework but if i have a problem not certain that Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip will working

Xposed wont work on our devices yet becuase of our cpu. In time it may support it.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
not true all my module( amplify, battery history XXL,gravitybox, youtube background playback) function well.
module greenify is partially compatible.

when i tried to use lollipop xposed it slowed my device down and gave me low storage space errors. am i the only one with camera issues when rooted? kinda seems that way. ive since unrooted until a fix comes.

You must have a arm7 model. That's what xposed currently only works on, mine is a gsm LTE arm53.

Last edited:

pixiebob

May 29, 2010
montpellier
when i tried to use lollipop xposed it slowed my device down and gave me low storage space errors. am i the only one with camera issues when rooted? kinda seems that way. ive since unrooted until a fix comes.

You must have a arm7 model. That's what xposed currently only works on, mine is a gsm LTE arm53.

for fixing camera you must to be in permissive mode with this application:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrbimc.selinux

me too first time i had problem storage and unable to install any new application because false enough storage error, causing for me to reflashing firmware

i have msm8916 armv7

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
for fixing camera you must to be in permissive mode with this application:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrbimc.selinux

me too first time i had problem storage and unable to install any new application because false enough storage error, causing for me to reflashing firmware

i have msm8916 armv7

Yeah you must have the 3g model only? Surprised this recovery works for you. And I tried that app and even some scripts, doesn't work on mine unless I unroot. Must be an issue with my model and SuperSU. Waiting to see if the devs can fix this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll keep this short because I'm leaving the computer.. pretty much now.

disclaimer: I didn't break it. Don't blame me.

This is NOT for the 3g model

what works:
    display, touch, mounting everything (including sd-ext), adb. charging, temperature, rooting

untested:
    flashing, formatting, backup, mounting otg, formatting data to ext4 (I think it will fail though).

looks iffy:
    timezone data seems a bit off (by 1 hour, 5 mins), but who cares about that.

I provide you the recovery image. If someone wants to do some instructions, (Please only RC's with the device) then drop me a pm and I'll add you as a contributor.

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    # or
    fastboot boot recovery.img

This is tested on the GB version of the Moto E 2015. I understand that there is a 3g version of the moto e 2015. I will NOT be supporting this device, and I recommend you do NOT flash this recovery.

recovery images are distributed via the XDA Download system

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Surnia, Tool/Utility for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    cybojenix

Version Information

Created 2015-03-09
    Last Updated 2015-03-08
    Reserved

Sources:
    I've used the stock kernel image and device tree, so don't shout at me for not uploading them.
    The closest that there is to it is here

Twrp is here

device tree

Download
    • V1 - initial release
    Camera ok with changed SuperSU settings

This made the camera work on my Moto E 2015 4G (XT1524):
    • installed TWRP from cybojenix with fastboot (see first post of this thread)
    • installed SuperSU 2.46 (from download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/) with TWRP
    • disabled SuperSU setting: mount namespace separation (+reboot)
    This is less intrusive than disabling SELinux by switching it to permissive mode with SELinux Mode Changer app.