Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Moto E screen broken

OP neokragu

3rd September 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
neokragu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kanyakumari
Thanks Meter: 94
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
My Moto E screen is broken by falling accedently. Now I want to replace it. Touch, display is working as normal. Only the screen is broken. Have I to replace the touch screen digitizer or only the top glass is enough? where can I buy. How much is cost.I am living in Trivandrum.
3rd September 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
mits619's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 62
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neokragu

My Moto E screen is broken by falling accedently. Now I want to replace it. Touch, display is working as normal. Only the screen is broken. Have I to replace the touch screen digitizer or only the top glass is enough? where can I buy. How much is cost.I am living in Trivandrum.

Go to Motorola service centre...My friend got the entire screen replaced FREE....As motorola promised in their blog about screen replacement in 1 year..
3rd September 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
neokragu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kanyakumari
Thanks Meter: 94
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
But I lost warranty by unlocking the bootloader
22nd September 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
neokragu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kanyakumari
Thanks Meter: 94
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Please somebody answer it.

My Mobile screen got cracked but touch, display and everything working fine. Shall I purchase only glass or should I to purchase the full set. Please review the following product.

http://www.etradesupply.com/replacem...lass-lens.html
23rd September 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
Prashanth Meesara:'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bellary
Thanks Meter: 180
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neokragu

Please somebody answer it.

My Mobile screen got cracked but touch, display and everything working fine. Shall I purchase only glass or should I to purchase the full set. Please review the following product.

http://www.etradesupply.com/replacem...lass-lens.html

exactly same happened with me and he charged 3500 for the replacement of whole display including the touch, he said that we cant replace only the top part you need to replace the whole display
1st October 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #6  
Member
Dandeli
Thanks Meter: 92
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I got replaced at rs 2350 from moto service center.. :P
6th October 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #7  
neokragu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kanyakumari
Thanks Meter: 94
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth Meesara:

exactly same happened with me and he charged 3500 for the replacement of whole display including the touch, he said that we cant replace only the top part you need to replace the whole display

If we cant replace the top glass individually then how some sellers are offering the top glass. I saw the same for 9 USD in ebay.com too.
29th October 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #8  
lukaszb84's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
still waiting
Ordered 11.10.2014 and still waiting for my screen :/ cause its shipping from China

I didn't found manual how to replace and already "split" my MOTO E on parts. I think i messed up :/




HTML Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111420762850

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes