Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] system applications

Tip us?

kramkumar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] system applications

My Moto E is rooted and recovery installed. What are the built-in applications are safe to remove ? I want to remove Google play games, music, motorola alert, motorola contextual service etc.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,542

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramkumar View Post
My Moto E is rooted and recovery installed. What are the built-in applications are safe to remove ? I want to remove Google play games, music, motorola alert, motorola contextual service etc.
All of those are safe to remove, however you may break Motorola Assist and Motorola Touchless Control by uninstalling Motorola Contextual services if those things are important to you. Also always since you have a custom recovery installed make a backup in recovery before you go uninstalling anything that way if anything goes wrong or you want to restore things to the way they were originally you easily can.

nijom
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Clean Master's app manager will show a list of apps that can be disabled. Try removing those (but not the Contact Sync, Calendar Storage and stuff)

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 - 2009 : MOTO SLVR L7 (Dead)
2009 - 2011 : MOTO ROKR E6e (Dead)
2011 - 2014 : MOTO RAZR XT910 (Alive)
2012 - 2013 : Asus Nexus 7 (Alive)
2013 - 2014 : iBerry Auxus Nuclea N1 (Sold)
2014 : MOTO G XT1033 (Sold)
2014 : MOTO X XT1052 (Alive)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prashanth Meesara:
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramkumar View Post
you can remove all the above applications no problem wil be faced but some apps may not work which use those files