FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Guys pls help

15th January 2015, 01:03 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hi guys....today i rooted my moto e with the help of this site.....after rooting was completed my phone showed warning bootloader unlocked but after it started i checked with root checker app and it shows my phone is not rooted....so i tried to repeat steps of rooting........but when i type command "fastboot oem unlock 'unique key'" it says that my device is already unlocked......i dont know what to do now to root it properly......pls help....thnx in advance



i only did these six steps.....


1.) Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).

2.)Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
Connect your Phone to PC

3.)Type this in the CMD prompt window - fastboot oem get_unlock_data
You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.

4.)Now go to the Motorola Site.Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page. To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there. Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.

5.)Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)

6.)Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

......do i have to do something more...like sumthing i saw on video on twrp flash
Last edited by smarty007us; 15th January 2015 at 01:43 PM.
 
 
15th January 2015, 03:45 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty007us

hi guys....today i rooted my moto e with the help of this site.....after rooting was completed my phone showed warning bootloader unlocked but after it started i checked with root checker app and it shows my phone is not rooted....so i tried to repeat steps of rooting........but when i type command "fastboot oem unlock 'unique key'" it says that my device is already unlocked......i dont know what to do now to root it properly......pls help....thnx in advance



i only did these six steps.....


1.) Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).

2.)Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
Connect your Phone to PC

3.)Type this in the CMD prompt window - fastboot oem get_unlock_data
You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.

4.)Now go to the Motorola Site.Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page. To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there. Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.

5.)Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)

6.)Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

......do i have to do something more...like sumthing i saw on video on twrp flash

What you did is for unlocking bootloader see this for rooting : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755336
The Following User Says Thank You to iTudorS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2015, 11:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTudorS

What you did is for unlocking bootloader see this for rooting : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755336

Super thnx man.... onw more thing what folder is "root of my internal memory?"
16th January 2015, 11:59 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty007us

Super thnx man.... onw more thing what folder is "root of my internal memory?"

This one, the explorer wich I'm using is miXplorer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes