Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q ]moto e rooting & unrooting for warranty ?

OP jonny789

3rd July 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2,801

2,488 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veervijay99

dude...if we root using mobogenie..it gives option of unroot...no boot loader unlock and all nothing required. soo please enlighten me...or rooting cam be undone easily if done with mobogenie.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

As far as I know, there's no other way to root Moto E, other than by unlocking bootloader.
3rd July 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
google it...ive rooted my moto g once...with ine click...checked with root checker...it showed root access..

3rd July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 546

1,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

google it...ive rooted my moto g once...with ine click...checked with root checker...it showed root access..

G wasn't released with 3.4 kernel. All root exploits are patched. You need to unlock your bootloader if you want root.
4th July 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #14  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 15

114 posts
More
Quote:

dude...if we root using mobogenie..it gives option of unroot...no boot loader unlock and all nothing required. soo please enlighten me...or rooting cam be undone easily if done with mobogenie.

If u root MOTO E your warranty voids as simple as that...Dint heard any one rooting using mobogenie .May be u can try and let us al know abt it
4th July 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #15  

17 posts
yeah...i tried on moto g. simply google it and download the software "mobogenie"onto your computer.
go into my phone section.
it will ask you to connect your phone using usb. will download some drivers.
click on "one click root". will again download some files and you're good to go. haven't clocked or done anything.i only verified by a root checker app on play store.it said you have root access. after rooting the app showed "one click unroot button".

Sent from my XT1033

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham4u2sam

If u root MOTO E your warranty voids as simple as that...Dint heard any one rooting using mobogenie .May be u can try and let us al know abt it

yeah your warrnty voids..but you can easily unroot by the above method. havent verified 100%. but root checker didi said you have root access.

Sent from my XT1033
7th July 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #16  
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 1,141

1,162 posts
More
Quote:

yeah...i tried on moto g. simply google it and download the software "mobogenie"onto your computer.
go into my phone section.
it will ask you to connect your phone using usb. will download some drivers.
click on "one click root". will again download some files and you're good to go. haven't clocked or done anything.i only verified by a root checker app on play store.it said you have root access. after rooting the app showed "one click unroot button".

Sent from my XT1033

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

yeah your warrnty voids..but you can easily unroot by the above method. havent verified 100%. but root checker didi said you have root access.

Sent from my XT1033

rooting moto e is possible only unlocking bootloader, to do so is required an unlock code from motorola, when you ask for the code the warranty is void. no way to restore, because even if you unroot it they know you have request the code to unlock bootloader and they say that in the page where you need to go to request the unlocking code.

EDIT: this is moto e, not moto g... so if it works for moto g doesn't mean it works for moto e
Last edited by ktulu84; 7th July 2014 at 06:21 PM.
7th July 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #17  

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu84

rooting moto e is possible only unlocking bootloader, to do so is required an unlock code from motorola, when you ask for the code the warranty is void. no way to restore, because even if you unroot it they know you have request the code to unlock bootloader and they say that in the page where you need to go to request the unlocking code.

EDIT: this is moto e, not moto g... so if it works for moto g doesn't mean it works for moto e

ok..yeah ive researched a bit more...the above method is for any android phone...using mobogenie...but i believe its not real root...google it and let me know what you think

Sent from my XT1033
7th July 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 11

31 posts
Rooting your Phone in the EU doesn't void its warranty, unlocking the bootloader doesn't either.
a recent ruling sated that if there is a hardware failure on the phone they (the retailer) has to prove that the failure is the result of you rooting the phone.
8th July 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #19  

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoth

Rooting your Phone in the EU doesn't void its warranty, unlocking the bootloader doesn't either.
a recent ruling sated that if there is a hardware failure on the phone they (the retailer) has to prove that the failure is the result of you rooting the phone.

don't think so this rule will be implemented in india... :/

Sent from my XT1033

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread