Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q ]moto e rooting & unrooting for warranty ?

Tip us?
 
Hetalk
Old
#11  
Hetalk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2705
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ahmedabad

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by veervijay99 View Post
dude...if we root using mobogenie..it gives option of unroot...no boot loader unlock and all nothing required. soo please enlighten me...or rooting cam be undone easily if done with mobogenie.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
As far as I know, there's no other way to root Moto E, other than by unlocking bootloader.
 
veervijay99
Old
#12  
veervijay99's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2014
google it...ive rooted my moto g once...with ine click...checked with root checker...it showed root access..

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
 
neo.ank
Old
#13  
neo.ank's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 517
Posts: 1,158
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by veervijay99 View Post
google it...ive rooted my moto g once...with ine click...checked with root checker...it showed root access..

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
G wasn't released with 3.4 kernel. All root exploits are patched. You need to unlock your bootloader if you want root.
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"


 
 
sham4u2sam
Old
#14  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 87
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by veervijay99 View Post
dude...if we root using mobogenie..it gives option of unroot...no boot loader unlock and all nothing required. soo please enlighten me...or rooting cam be undone easily if done with mobogenie.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
If u root MOTO E your warranty voids as simple as that...Dint heard any one rooting using mobogenie .May be u can try and let us al know abt it
 
veervijay99
Old
#15  
veervijay99's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2014
yeah...i tried on moto g. simply google it and download the software "mobogenie"onto your computer.
go into my phone section.
it will ask you to connect your phone using usb. will download some drivers.
click on "one click root". will again download some files and you're good to go. haven't clocked or done anything.i only verified by a root checker app on play store.it said you have root access. after rooting the app showed "one click unroot button".

Sent from my XT1033

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham4u2sam View Post
If u root MOTO E your warranty voids as simple as that...Dint heard any one rooting using mobogenie .May be u can try and let us al know abt it
yeah your warrnty voids..but you can easily unroot by the above method. havent verified 100%. but root checker didi said you have root access.

Sent from my XT1033
 
ktulu84
Old
(Last edited by ktulu84; 7th July 2014 at 05:21 PM.)
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1117
Posts: 1,148
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pescara
Quote:
Originally Posted by veervijay99 View Post
yeah...i tried on moto g. simply google it and download the software "mobogenie"onto your computer.
go into my phone section.
it will ask you to connect your phone using usb. will download some drivers.
click on "one click root". will again download some files and you're good to go. haven't clocked or done anything.i only verified by a root checker app on play store.it said you have root access. after rooting the app showed "one click unroot button".

Sent from my XT1033

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------



yeah your warrnty voids..but you can easily unroot by the above method. havent verified 100%. but root checker didi said you have root access.

Sent from my XT1033
rooting moto e is possible only unlocking bootloader, to do so is required an unlock code from motorola, when you ask for the code the warranty is void. no way to restore, because even if you unroot it they know you have request the code to unlock bootloader and they say that in the page where you need to go to request the unlocking code.

EDIT: this is moto e, not moto g... so if it works for moto g doesn't mean it works for moto e

SAMSUNG GALAXY S PLUS (GT-i9001)
ROM: CM11 by AriesVE DevConnection Team (ION+PMEM ADSP)
KERNEL: K^Kernel 3.4.x ION+PMEM ADSP with phantom key presses filter
  • home_allowed_irqs = 1
  • home_report_wait = 11
GOVERNOR CPU: SmartassV2
FREQs: 245 MHz - 1401 MHz
SCHEDULER I/O: noop
BASEBAND: I9001XXKPO
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.1.0 fully fixed by ADC Team (Full SElinux support)
 
veervijay99
Old
#17  
veervijay99's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu84 View Post
rooting moto e is possible only unlocking bootloader, to do so is required an unlock code from motorola, when you ask for the code the warranty is void. no way to restore, because even if you unroot it they know you have request the code to unlock bootloader and they say that in the page where you need to go to request the unlocking code.

EDIT: this is moto e, not moto g... so if it works for moto g doesn't mean it works for moto e
ok..yeah ive researched a bit more...the above method is for any android phone...using mobogenie...but i believe its not real root...google it and let me know what you think

Sent from my XT1033
 
Razoth
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2014
Rooting your Phone in the EU doesn't void its warranty, unlocking the bootloader doesn't either.
a recent ruling sated that if there is a hardware failure on the phone they (the retailer) has to prove that the failure is the result of you rooting the phone.
 
veervijay99
Old
#19  
veervijay99's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoth View Post
Rooting your Phone in the EU doesn't void its warranty, unlocking the bootloader doesn't either.
a recent ruling sated that if there is a hardware failure on the phone they (the retailer) has to prove that the failure is the result of you rooting the phone.
don't think so this rule will be implemented in india... :/

Sent from my XT1033

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...