Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about RAM

Tip us?

97pedrocas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Question about RAM

Hello guys, in my Moto E I only have about 200mb of free RAM, that's because of Facebook, Dashclock widget and battery extension, clean master and google search, so I have about 200mb free, is that bad, I mean, I didn't notice any performance issues, it's normal, but do you think it will get laggy eventually and do you think only having 200mb of free RAM is bad?
Thanks.

mrpkarthik
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97pedrocas View Post
Hello guys, in my Moto E I only have about 200mb of free RAM, that's because of Facebook, Dashclock widget and battery extension, clean master and google search, so I have about 200mb free, is that bad, I mean, I didn't notice any performance issues, it's normal, but do you think it will get laggy eventually and do you think only having 200mb of free RAM is bad?
Thanks.
for me,its bad..use Greenify to stop unwanted background third party apps..
hope Greenify will helps you
If I have helped you, please hit the the THANKS button!

Motorola MOTO E Black
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 /BootLoader Unlocked & Rooted / [RECOVERY][condor] TWRP 2.7.2.0

97pedrocas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Well I rebooted and now have 370mb free is that bad?

ChaTy
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97pedrocas View Post
Well I rebooted and now have 370mb free is that bad?
no ...itz perfectly normal..
even i have 375-450mb free ram....occasionally it goes over 550mb when i manually fc any big app like chrome fb n all. .... otherwise 370 is perfectly normal....

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

97pedrocas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Well now I have around 300mb, the widgets and Facebook take a lot of ram. Also, any idea why clean master is always running in background?

Ex-Hunter
Old
(Last edited by Ex-Hunter; 4th July 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Don't worry about the amount of free RAM you have. Android is designed to use the maximum RAM available to it. Task killer apps may have been useful in Gingerbread but are unnecessary in Jellybean and later versions.For more info read this and this.
Greenify is all you need. If you're rooted and have Xposed even better, you can even make some apps stay in memory so that they won't be killed off.
Hit Thanks button if I've helped
The Following User Says Thank You to Ex-Hunter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Razoth
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Hunter View Post
Don't worry about the amount of free RAM you have. Android is designed to use the maximum RAM available to it. Task killer apps may have been useful in Gingerbread but are unnecessary in Jellybean and later versions.
Greenify is all you need. If you're rooted and have Xposed even better, you can even make some apps stay in memory so that they won't be killed off.
most usefull post in this topic. free ram is wasted ram, android isn't windows....

97pedrocas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Ok I think I got it, I'm not rooted, I'm still waiting for the 4.4.4 update.