FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

(Q) fastboot boot recovery stuck

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By mindlesSheep, Senior Member on 20th June 2015, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys, I have stumbled upon a problem and any help found here is not helping. I have decided to finaly root moto E (I thought I am too old for rooting now, but I am not) and the problem I got is pretty simple.
Bootlocked unlock is ok.
But then I decided not to reflash stock recovery and just to boot into recovery for once to flash superSU to avoid martyrium caused by getting original recovery (since HTC different retarded versions for every country and every retailer, I am very cautious). I have tried 2 versions of TWRP, one CWM, after "fastboot boot recovery.img" phone boots forever, never finishes, but phonw is fully operational still, so no damage done. I have even tried to reflash recovery in the end, none of them worked. Well, command prompt told me OKAY OKAY, but nothing really happened, like while just booting into recovery. I have even tried several USB cables (happened once with desire X that everything was due to broken USB cable).
I am out of ideas, could please someone point me to some direction of what is wrong?
It runs 4.4.4

20th June 2015, 03:54 PM |#2  
Flag amritsar
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlesSheep

Hi guys, I have stumbled upon a problem and any help found here is not helping. I have decided to finaly root moto E (I thought I am too old for rooting now, but I am not) and the problem I got is pretty simple.
Bootlocked unlock is ok.
But then I decided not to reflash stock recovery and just to boot into recovery for once to flash superSU to avoid martyrium caused by getting original recovery (since HTC different retarded versions for every country and every retailer, I am very cautious). I have tried 2 versions of TWRP, one CWM, after "fastboot boot recovery.img" phone boots forever, never finishes, but phonw is fully operational still, so no damage done. I have even tried to reflash recovery in the end, none of them worked. Well, command prompt told me OKAY OKAY, but nothing really happened, like while just booting into recovery. I have even tried several USB cables (happened once with desire X that everything was due to broken USB cable).
I am out of ideas, could please someone point me to some direction of what is wrong?
It runs 4.4.4

Please post screenshot of terminal.

Try these steps

1: adb reboot bootloader
2: fastboot devices
3: fastboot flash recovery name-of-the-recovery.img
20th June 2015, 03:58 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Prague
Thanks Meter: 66

More
not at pc atm,but as I said,devices list my device, fastboot flash gives okay twice,same as fastboot boot, and reboot bootloader... I think it would not help me at all, bootloader is accesible

edit: adb reboot recovery does notghing else than manualy booting into recovery (=nothing)
Last edited by mindlesSheep; 23rd June 2015 at 10:35 AM.
26th June 2015, 07:43 AM |#4  
Flag Mathura
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I didn't pay attention to HTC part, recently I faced same problem after flashing recovery and worst part was when I did Factory Reset. It got stuck on forever Boot Loop. Try this Go through Recovery 1. Wipe Dalvik Cache 2. Factory Reset. This worked for me hope same for you. And correct me if I couldn't get your problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread