Downgrade from Lollipop 5.0 to Kitkat 4.4.4; Change version; Upgade Again

Search This thread

Anonymous 360

Oct 14, 2014
Many of you have trouble changing to another version to get lollipop update or downgrading to kitkat.
Here are some tips:

To downgrade or to change version eg. Global (xt1063 Blur_Version.21.11.17.titan_retuglb.retuglb.en.US) to US (xt1063 Blur_Version.21.11.17.titan_retuaws.retuaws.en.US) follow the codes below while flashing using fastboot cmd
NB: make sure you are going to flash the same version (global/Us/etc....) of firmware while downgrading!:

• fastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
  • fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
  • fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
  • fastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
  • fastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
  • fastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
  • fastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
  • fastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
  • fastboot.exe erase modemst1
  • fastboot.exe erase modemst2
  • fastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
  • fastboot.exe erase cache
  • fastboot.exe erase userdata

Now, to upgrade to lollipop agai from the flashed version, follow these steps:

1. after downgrading, go to bootloader, install twrp 2801 and flash supersu2.16 (that means, root your device ! ))
  2. reboot and copy your lollipop update file (same variant) to the internal storage
  3. now, again go to bootloader and flash the recovery: Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  4. Now go to recovery and select your lollipop update... ta-da....
    explanation:
    • After entering recovery node, Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for around 5 seconds. Now while holding those two, press and release the Power button.
    • Your device will now be booted into stock recovery mode, displaying Android System Recovery <3e> text at the top of the screen.
    • apply adb trougt sdcard.... select file AND WAIT TO THE PROCess to finish

You dont need to lock the bootloader at all :good: :good: :D

To root your device using cf autoroot follow this link: http://xdaforums.com/moto-g-2014/help/solved-cf-chainfire-autoroot-problem-t2942154

Hit thanks if it helps

chrisp6825

Mar 13, 2009
Thank you for these instructions.
Is it really possible to downgrade? I was always under the impression that motorola did not allow rolling back to previous firmwares, unless the bootloader was not changed during the upgrade..

Also just to clarify, this does not require unlocking the boot-loader? (to down-grade; i see the steps to install a recovery for upgrade to lollipop)
I ask because most of these commands seem to be available to use with a locked boot-loader, from my experience (moto x). You state that the boot-loader does not need to be locked.. but this seems redundant.
Does it need to be UN-locked?

Sincerely,
confuddled.

realshaoran

Jan 23, 2015
Rome
Hi, i have soft bricked my moto g xt1068 when i have update to lollipop, can i use this method for downgrade to KitKat with bootloader locked ? Thanks.

rohan789666

Jun 20, 2015
thanks

Yes guys it really works just in few minutes I try this method too. Now I enjoying the fun :eek:
Of previous version lolipop was very very bad

amritmalviya

Dec 29, 2012
Redmi K20 Pro
Many of you have trouble changing to another version to get lollipop update or downgrading to kitkat.
Here are some tips:

To downgrade or to change version eg. Global (xt1063 Blur_Version.21.11.17.titan_retuglb.retuglb.en.US) to US (xt1063 Blur_Version.21.11.17.titan_retuaws.retuaws.en.US) follow the codes below while flashing using fastboot cmd
NB: make sure you are going to flash the same version (global/Us/etc....) of firmware while downgrading!:

1. after downgrading, go to bootloader, install twrp 2801 and flash supersu2.16 (that means, root your device ! ))
  2. reboot and copy your lollipop update file (same variant) to the internal storage
  3. now, again go to bootloader and flash the recovery: Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    explanation:
    • After entering recovery node, Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for around 5 seconds. Now while holding those two, press and release the Power button.
    • Your device will now be booted into stock recovery mode, displaying Android System Recovery <3e> text at the top of the screen.

To root your device using cf autoroot follow this link: http://xdaforums.com/moto-g-2014/help/solved-cf-chainfire-autoroot-problem-t2942154

Hit thanks if it helps
Can i downgrade from android m to KitKat 4.4.4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are some tips:

explanation:

Hit thanks if it helps