Moto G 4G EasyRecovery Toolkit

OP Somcom3X

18th February 2015, 10:24 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I tried rooting my phone following the instructions of shabby and got stuck because the recovery wouldn't work, there was just a blackscreen with flickers. I still could boot the system though. When I followed the instructions of someone else having the same problem as me, I kind of bricked the phone - only the bootloader was still working but still no accessable recovery.
More out of desperation I tried this Toolkit here and though it wouldn't recognize the phone (at least it didn't show one), it somehow managed to install CWM. So I think I'm gonna be able to flash a ROM, downloading now so I can't say for sure.
I'm just posting this in case someone else ends up with the same problem ... Did nobody else have the problem with the recovery just being a black screen after flashing it!?
19th February 2015, 12:18 AM   |  #122  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2,755

2,796 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvz2

I tried rooting my phone following the instructions of shabby and got stuck because the recovery wouldn't work, there was just a blackscreen with flickers. I still could boot the system though. When I followed the instructions of someone else having the same problem as me, I kind of bricked the phone - only the bootloader was still working but still no accessable recovery.
More out of desperation I tried this Toolkit here and though it wouldn't recognize the phone (at least it didn't show one), it somehow managed to install CWM. So I think I'm gonna be able to flash a ROM, downloading now so I can't say for sure.
I'm just posting this in case someone else ends up with the same problem ... Did nobody else have the problem with the recovery just being a black screen after flashing it!?

Try "fastboot boot recovery.img"
19th February 2015, 06:53 PM   |  #123  

2 posts
That doesn't make sense, does it!? I've got the CWM recovery, I just can't boot.

Anyway, I flashed the stock ROM and now it's working again. Still don't know why flashing CWM in the beginning just returned the black screen ...
20th February 2015, 03:59 PM   |  #124  

3 posts
I got stuck in a bootloop with CWM but CM12 worked fine with the TWRP, so my advice is to flash TWRP instead of CWM.

I need to try to remove the "bootloader unlocked" notice and the option to return to stock but everyone else worked great with my XT1039. And since I had no idea what I was doing this was a great help.

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread