Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM11][4 SEPT] Codename Lungo

Tip us?

TimV_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][CM11][4 SEPT] Codename Lungo

Overview
Codename Lungo is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices. Based on CyanogenMod, Codename Lungo is designed to increase battery life and size over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers.

Features
  • Great Base
  • Lightweight & Fast
  • No Bloatware!
  • Longer Battery Life
  • Custom Launcher
  • Add-ons
  • Community Driven
  • And so much more...

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits and Acknowledgments
check the Codename Lungo website

Links & Other info
Facebook & Google+!
Codename Lungo is a Community driven ROM! So we now have a Facebook Group and a Google+ Page & Community
Here you can post mods, new ideas or just chat about the ROM!
Enjoy and JOIN! Facebook Page | Google+

Download ROM!
@ Codename Lungo Website

XDA:DevDB Information
Codename Lungo , ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
TimV_
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: CM11
Beta Release Date: 2014-09-04

Created 2014-09-04
Last Updated 2014-09-04
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TimV_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marc206
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Codename Nice Work!!! just installed and it works flawlessly haven't found a thing wrong yet. Everything seems to be working. I installed stock pa gapps after the first reboot. That's the big thing to remember. Flash rom, boot up, reboot to recovery flash gapps and voila. Thanks Dev

|Renovatio|
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc206 View Post
Codename Nice Work!!! just installed and it works flawlessly haven't found a thing wrong yet. Everything seems to be working. I installed stock pa gapps after the first reboot. That's the big thing to remember. Flash rom, boot up, reboot to recovery flash gapps and voila. Thanks Dev
So no need to flash kernel or other things, just have to access recovery and flash this one?

My battery seems poor, do not know if depends from firmware or just have to change phone lol.

Any reviews about battery life? Thanks a lot

pargop
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great job!
Just installed, no problems occurred yet.
What about OTA updates? Or do we have just flash new version of zip over current, if this will be available?

Keep up!

mefxes
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Please post any known bugs!

Is there a mem drain like CM11 after a day of more? Thanks
Motorola Defy with WajkIUI 1.12.16 ICS
LG Google Nexus 4 with ParanoidAndroid 3.99
HTC One with Team Venom ViperOne 5.8.0 (Amazing work)

HTC 8X stock =(

Watch my videos: www.youtube.com/mefxes

StarStorm
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Renovatio| View Post
So no need to flash kernel or other things, just have to access recovery and flash this one?

My battery seems poor, do not know if depends from firmware or just have to change phone lol.

Any reviews about battery life? Thanks a lot
Battery life is pretty good for me (I will make a screenshot later- loaded it fully few hours ago)

nklenchik
Old
(Last edited by nklenchik; 12th September 2014 at 08:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 212
Gonna try this out. Wondering how it compares to stock, which is really good.

Edit: performance is great! The only I can't get to work is the camera and gallery displaying pictures taken, even older ones.

I'll report back with idle drain later.

Edit 2: Idle drain so far seems just fine to me, although the camera is still an issue. It will snap a picture, freeze, and not save that picture. I could be wrong, but I think it has to with the fact that its saving them to /sdcard/DCIM instead of /emulated/0/
The Following User Says Thank You to nklenchik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nklenchik
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Edit 3: Camera fix as a standalone app for those interested: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pp.sdfix&hl=en
The Following User Says Thank You to nklenchik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

burrt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik View Post
Gonna try this out. Wondering how it compares to stock, which is really good.

Edit: performance is great! The only I can't get to work is the camera and gallery displaying pictures taken, even older ones.

I'll report back with idle drain later.

Edit 2: Idle drain so far seems just fine to me, although the camera is still an issue. It will snap a picture, freeze, and not save that picture. I could be wrong, but I think it has to with the fact that its saving them to /sdcard/DCIM instead of /emulated/0/
Were your photos stored on the phone or SD card? Also is that the default Motorola Camera app?

Spectre370
Old
(Last edited by Spectre370; 15th September 2014 at 09:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Torch does not seem to be working. Besides that it works great. Hopefully this one doesn't have the RAM bug like the others do.

EDIT: A lot of issues. I can't send messages in any messaging app, I get random slow downs that become beyond usable laggy. I don't even know if I've gotten any phone calls currently as I'm not sure if calling is working either.

Guess its back to stock I go.