Moto G 4G/LTE Stock Firmware (XT1039/40/42/45)

OP vpnair

Today, 10:39 AM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 39

565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuijpers

For this moment, yes. There is no stock '56 full image available yet, so you'd have to flash the '46 image, and via OTA get to '56.

Will be any day now the new stock full '56 image will be available for download, then you can flash that one instead and be done [emoji6]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

Okay, but I will still be on stock rom, all I want is the recovery, will the 46 recovery work for 56? Or do I have to get the 56 wich will be out any day?
Beacuse I don't want to flash the whole image if I don't have to, replacing the recovery should work?
Last edited by baxtex; Today at 10:42 AM.
Today, 11:00 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 435

920 posts
More
I edited my post, that method should work for you I think!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk
Today, 11:01 AM   |  #153  
OP Senior Member
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 99

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtex

Okay, but I will still be on stock rom, all I want is the recovery, will the 46 recovery work for 56? Or do I have to get the 56 wich will be out any day?
Beacuse I don't want to flash the whole image if I don't have to, replacing the recovery should work?

I would download the latest stock firmware (46 in your case). Then you can root and install custom recovery as you like. No risk. You will still receive OTA updates (including Lollipop in future), but it wont be able to install cos you have modified files. All you need to do at that time is flash the 46 (or whichever is latest) stock boot.img (and possibly the stock system.img if you have modified the system files). You can flash the stock recovery too if you want (but probably not necessary - I've done OTA with custom recovery). This won't affect your user data files at all, so you dont need to worry about losing files (although backing up is always recommended).

Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to vpnair For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 11:03 AM   |  #154  
Thanks Meter: 39

565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpnair

I would download the latest stock firmware (46 in your case). Then you can root and install custom recovery as you like. No risk. You will still receive OTA updates (including Lollipop in future), but it wont be able to install cos you have modified files. All you need to do at that time is flash the 46 (or whichever is latest) stock boot.img and the stock system.img if you have modified the system files. You can flash the stock recovery too if you want (but probably not necessary). This won't affect your user data files at all (although backing up is always recommended).

Done.

That made everything clear, thank you sir!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread