FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Moto G 4G/LTE Stock Firmware (XT1039/40/42/45)

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 157

By vpnair, Senior Member on 5th July 2014, 05:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Today, 11:51 AM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please update first page with Official Lollipop image links

Today, 03:17 PM |#742  
Thanks Meter: 473

Donate to Me
More
@lost101 i have only been able to get the one file you mirror'd, so will sort that link on in a bit.

However the other full images for 5.1 are not that easy to wget, however the way you did it lost101 was.

If there is a mega link how ever i will download them and then try to upload them to my server but it will take time.

Edit 2 : Downloaded all mega links, will upload to server tonight each will take about 2 hours to upload due to my slow upload speed and then i will update my links with the new links.
Last edited by hacktrix2006; Today at 05:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hacktrix2006 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 06:05 PM |#743  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
thanks, i was having serious problems getting the stock 4.4.4 image from the other site.

sorry for posting if we weren't supposed to but i have a problem with my moto g 4g. i unlocked bootloader and rooted my device but i wanted the ota update from motorola for lollipop which i downloaded but when it rebooted it had failed due to me being rooted i think.

so i followed a guide this one http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/06/unr...torola-moto-g/ to unroot (which led me to coming here looking for alternative sources for the firmwares)

i successfully flashed your GB retail 4.4.4 (after a few problems since im running xp and there guide seems to be for windows 7 or later due to opening command windows not been a feature of xp) however the ota 5.1 update failed again which is when i noticed im still rooted HOW DO I UNROOT THIS PHONE lol

think im going to just flash your eu peregrine 5.1 using the above guide instead.
Today, 06:18 PM |#744  

Donate to Me
More
@DANfour20 which site was you having issues with. Hopefully not the links i supplied?

As for unrooting the device you basically reflash if your still on 4.4.4 the system partition after uninstallling root via the app. There is an option in SuperSU to unroot the device then after that you just download the correct 4.4.4 image for your device and issue the mfastboot commands to flash the system partition which will then bring the MD5 sums in check ready to flash 5.1 via the OTA update.
The Following User Says Thank You to hacktrix2006 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 06:19 PM |#745  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANfour20

thanks, i was having serious problems getting the stock 4.4.4 image from the other site.

sorry for posting if we weren't supposed to but i have a problem with my moto g 4g. i unlocked bootloader and rooted my device but i wanted the ota update from motorola for lollipop which i downloaded but when it rebooted it had failed due to me being rooted i think.

so i followed a guide this one http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/06/unr...torola-moto-g/ to unroot (which led me to coming here looking for alternative sources for the firmwares)

i successfully flashed your GB retail 4.4.4 (after a few problems since im running xp and there guide seems to be for windows 7 or later due to opening command windows not been a feature of xp) however the ota 5.1 update failed again which is when i noticed im still rooted HOW DO I UNROOT THIS PHONE lol

think im going to just flash your eu peregrine 5.1 using the above guide instead.

If you've installed the stock rom then this will remove root and recovery. You won't be rooted anymore.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to martinisok For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 06:38 PM |#746  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinisok

If you've installed the stock rom then this will remove root and recovery. You won't be rooted anymore.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

i did install the stock 4.4.4 gb retail rom, but phone is still rooted. it wiped all my data and apps and changed the device to moto g in about phone (it used to say xt1039)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006

@DANfour20 which site was you having issues with. Hopefully not the links i supplied?

As for unrooting the device you basically reflash if your still on 4.4.4 the system partition after uninstallling root via the app. There is an option in SuperSU to unroot the device then after that you just download the correct 4.4.4 image for your device and issue the mfastboot commands to flash the system partition which will then bring the MD5 sums in check ready to flash 5.1 via the OTA update.

i was having issues with opening command windows on the desktop as im on windows xp (it says to shift and right click on desktop and choose open command window here or something along those lines but that is not an option on xp)

i think its because i never unrooted via the supersu app. ill try again.
Today, 07:49 PM |#747  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stock EU image link XT1039_PEREGRINE_RETEU_5.1_LPB23.13-17_cid7_CFC.xml.zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347769092
Today, 09:38 PM |#748  

Donate to Me
More
@pikouchou already have the RET-EU version uploaded to server. @DANfour20 there is no admin option in Windows XP so you just run mfastboot. Which link did you use.

Did you just flash the system parition. i.e all the spare images.

Code:
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot erase cache
that should defo make sure your unrooted.
Today, 09:54 PM |#749  

More
Yes the problem was the chunks. One guide said sparsechunk1 etc and the other said sparsechunk.0 etc and they only instructed 3 sparsechunk lines where i actually had 4, i just double checked which format the stock firmware was in and it went smoothly from there Its fixed and updated to 5.1 now. Thanks
Last edited by DANfour20; Today at 09:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread