Post Reply

[OTA] Moto G XT1045 4.4.4 OTA Update official_untouched.

OP rawtek

30th August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 33
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Fresh off the servers, here is the 4.4.4 OTA for the Moto G XT1045_US

Link: 4.4.4 OTA_XT1045.

Enjoy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rawtek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #2  
nklenchik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Binghamton, NY
Thanks Meter: 216
 
838 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtek

Fresh off the servers, here is the 4.4.4 OTA for the Moto G XT1045_US

Link: 4.4.4 OTA_XT1045.

Enjoy.

Is this just a flashable zip?
30th August 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 33
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nklenchik

Is this just a flashable zip?

Yes, however it needs the stock recovery.
30th August 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #4  
MissyVixen's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Question
Out of curiosity how does one actually flash the OTA ?

IF I let the System Download the OTA, it will reboot, have an error and not complete the install. (using the stock recovery)
If I Push the update via ADB and use CWMR it tells me there is a footer error.
If I open the update with WinRAR or 7zip I get an unexpected End of archive.

Is the OTA itself Broken in some way (which is what it appears to be to me on the surface), or have other people gotten it to work on the XT1045 ?

I am Running the Stock rom, with the stock recovery. I even did a factory firmware Flash (though I cannot seem to relock the boot loader, everything else completes)
30th August 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 33
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyVixen

Out of curiosity how does one actually flash the OTA ?

IF I let the System Download the OTA, it will reboot, have an error and not complete the install. (using the stock recovery)
If I Push the update via ADB and use CWMR it tells me there is a footer error.
If I open the update with WinRAR or 7zip I get an unexpected End of archive.

Is the OTA itself Broken in some way (which is what it appears to be to me on the surface), or have other people gotten it to work on the XT1045 ?

I am Running the Stock rom, with the stock recovery. I even did a factory firmware Flash (though I cannot seem to relock the boot loader, everything else completes)

just noticed that on mind as on my wife moto G she was able to download and install via system updates without a hitch and she is running stock even with a locked bootloader and the install complete with no errors however when trying to flash on mines with stock recovery and a unlocked bootloader it produces the same error, only thing different is the boot loader being unlocked on mines. I'll look a little more into this after work..will keep ya posted.
30th August 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
I installed 4.4.4 on my XT1045 without any problems last night, via the OTA update notification I received. My bootloader was unlocked. Full details here.
30th August 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Los Angeles, Paris France
Thanks Meter: 6
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
I got the update thru the regular update from the y XT1045 rooted with TWRP 2.7 1 0 the system ask me If I want to update, I say yes, on reboot got stuck on the Twrp push reboot system the phone reboot and shut down to get back to T W R P
after turning phone off the phone says Update unsuccessful
how to install from the recovery?
any solution?
Last edited by guliver365; 30th August 2014 at 07:47 PM.
30th August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by guliver365

I got the update thru the regular update from the y XT1045 rooted with TWRP 2.7 1 0 the system ask me If I want to update, I say yes, on reboot got stuck on the Twrp push reboot system the phone reboot and shut down to get back to T W R P
after turning phone off the phone says Update unsuccessful
how to install from the recovery?
any solution?

You need to use the stock recovery for this, not TWRP. Try castuis' instructions and see if they work for you too. Let us know if they do or don't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slinkwyde For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #9  
Level99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Reverted back to stock before updating via OTA, no issues here. 64GB SanDisk finally works in 4.4.4. I am having an issue where the 64GB isn't really working in recoveries, like philz CWM or TWRP. Anyone got an idea what that's about? I figured if the card worked with 4.4.4 using the new kernel, the recoveries should also be fine.
30th August 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Los Angeles, Paris France
Thanks Meter: 6
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkwyde

You need to use the stock recovery for this, not TWRP. Try castuis' instructions and see if they work for you too. Let us know if they do or don't.


Revert it to stock Recovery, started the upgrade process again, after the reboot the update started but stopped to one third and gave me an error.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.4, moto g, ota, xt1045
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G 4G Android Development by ThreadRank