Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which is Most Important to You in a ROM?
Battery Life 45 37.82%
Stability 61 51.26%
Features 13 10.92%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

[W.I.P] Faster Than Light - CM11 Based 4.4.4 (XT1031, XT1032, XT1033, XT1034)

OP AnthonyyBayn

11th August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Location Services disabled
Thanks Meter: 14

31 posts
More
This is in very early development stages,this ROM is very close to stock Cyanogenmod but the purpose is that is a community built ROM.

There are so many average or barely modified unofficial versions of Cyanogenmod for all sorts of devices lingering around the internet and I don't want this ROM to be the same.

Here's how you install the thing:
- Make sure you're running Clockworkmod Recovery or TWRP
- Copy Gapps and the ROM to your SDcard
- Boot into Recovery
- Do a factory reset (unless coming from another build of CM 11.0 (4.4.4))
- Flash the ROM .zip
- Flash Gapps .zip
- Reboot

Here is the very first version of our ROM, as I mentioned earlier it is basically a stock version of CM but it is there if you want to download and test.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxw...it?usp=sharing

You'll also need some form of Google Apps, pick one from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

The current feature list is:
-DPI of 260 from the stock 320
-Dual SIM support
That's all

XDA:DevDB Information
[W.I.P] Faster Than Light - CM11 Based 4.4.4 (XT1031, XT1032, XT1033, XT1034), ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
AnthonyyBayn, AnthonyyBayn, DeHuMaNiZeD
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: Cyanogenmod Source

Version Information

Created 2014-08-11
Last Updated 2014-08-13
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyyBayn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Reserved
We now have a poll at the top of this page. Please participate if you can :)

Just to point out that Stability, in the poll, encompasses stability and speed
Last edited by AnthonyyBayn; 12th August 2014 at 08:06 PM.
11th August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 32

200 posts
Suggestion: dont add all notifications settings (Halo, Hover, Heads Up) in the same rom, i suggest you slim heads up, is very usefull for making non-intrusive options like call screen, have swipe gesture, and easy way to enable/disable/snooze it, if you add the option to change low battery popup to a notification in the status bar, will be less intrusive, slimroms dont allow enable heads up to system ui, enable it to use for usefull notifications like screenshots, slim recent is other excelent way to have a non-intrusive recents panel, is only suggestions, i see others cm11 based roms with slim roms features and work very smoth, best wishes with your new build
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exedion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedion

Suggestion: dont add all notifications settings (Halo, Hover, Heads Up) in the same rom, i suggest you slim heads up, is very usefull for making non-intrusive options like call screen, have swipe gesture, and easy way to enable/disable/snooze it, if you add the option to change low battery popup to a notification in the status bar, will be less intrusive, slimroms dont allow enable heads up to system ui, enable it to use for usefull notifications like screenshots, slim recent is other excelent way to have a non-intrusive recents panel, is only suggestions, i see others cm11 based roms with slim roms features and work very smoth, best wishes with your new build

Thank you very much
I will work on that, I was considering Halo but it appears to be very difficult to implement. Again thanks.
11th August 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag jastrebarsko
Thanks Meter: 1,783

3,064 posts
More
I have some ideas to make a great ROM,if you want them you can just PM me,trust me,it can be clean and great
The Following User Says Thank You to DeHuMaNiZeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Reserved :)
Reserved for things
11th August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 32

200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyyBayn

Thank you very much
I will work on that, I was considering Halo but it appears to be very difficult to implement. Again thanks.

Halo is great but i consider better slim heads upand if you like, make other version of the rom with halo notifications, you can give choise for the comunity
11th August 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Quote:

Halo is great but i consider better slim heads upand if you like, make other version of the rom with halo notifications, you can give choise for the comunity

Christ you guys are on fire! maybe I'm just half asleep, no idea.
That's a really good idea, I will try and implement it. I do quite like it just it is a bit intrusive. I'll do my best
Last edited by AnthonyyBayn; 11th August 2014 at 10:45 PM.
11th August 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Just like to point out that I'm only 13 and it's actually my summer break at the moment. Try my best to get all this done but I'm learning all this at the same time aswell so just bear with me. Good job for providing all these suggestions though
11th August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Quote:

Just initialised the SlimROM Github repo, performing repo sync. Downloading their source. Not sure how long it will take but I may have to leave until tommorrow.

EDIT: Just remembered about "cherry-pick"... whoops.
Last edited by AnthonyyBayn; 11th August 2014 at 10:53 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread