[ROM] [AeroKernel] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11

OP Quarx

12th February 2015, 05:53 PM   |  #521  
Flag jastrebarsko
Thanks Meter: 1,793

3,097 posts
More
@Quarx will you continue your work on CM12 when @Blechd0se builds Aero kernel for stock Lollipop rom? Honestly, Your CM12 with Aero Kernel is the only think im waiting for and looking up to..
17th February 2015, 10:49 PM   |  #522  
Flag Follonica
Thanks Meter: 20

62 posts
More
A solution to 3G/signal loss problems?
Hi,
I own an xt1032 and an xt1039 both running 4.4.4 stock rom. I suffer from sudden signal loss and 3g data connection disruption with both devices and I occasionally lose some calls due to the same problem.
So in the need to come down to a solution I swapped sim card with a new one and started to thoroughly test the devices through different areas with eterogeneous coverage but, as a result, I still get mobile connection losses while browsing and subtle drops in signal strength with either a weak or a strong signal coverage.
I afterwards found that this signal loss problem is very common with motogs 1st generation about which there doesn't seem to be an official solution:
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/48fb0b8150?page=63
http://techknowzone.com/how-to-solve...torola-moto-g/

I wonder if CM11 brings a solution to these connection woes. So does anyone with similar problems has found any evidence of a better signal stability with CM11?
I might give it a try, but as of now I am worried about breaking the warranty..
18th February 2015, 03:42 PM   |  #523  
Thanks Meter: 7

18 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHuMaNiZeD

@Quarx will you continue your work on CM12 when @Blechd0se builds Aero kernel for stock Lollipop rom? Honestly, Your CM12 with Aero Kernel is the only think im waiting for and looking up to..

hahaha me too, I'm waiting his cm12 build.
I think aero kernel is more stable than stock even cm12 kernel.

and please say hi to psyke83
19th February 2015, 05:35 PM   |  #524  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 206

399 posts
More
Audio Myself echo while talking
Hello I tried many custom roms on my XT1032 and on all I have echo problem while talking. From that I can say that ALL Motorola's smartphones looks like have this bug (including my Atrix 2 and Defy, Droid Razr?). I hearing myself echo while talking.

On stock roms there isn't any echo problem. So any possible way to solve this? I tried disabling Noise suppression in Call settings but it not helped.
22nd February 2015, 07:00 AM   |  #525  
Flag Belém
Thanks Meter: 72

312 posts
More
@Quarx just a little question related to your rom: do you use motorola's proprietary audio blobs or do you use cm's audio hal (which is apparently based on caf sources)?

because EVERY cm based rom (except yours) has a little but really annoying bug: audio through headphones is being reversed (reverse stereo)
24th February 2015, 01:12 AM   |  #526  
Flag Follonica

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btwin

Hi,
I own an xt1032 and an xt1039 both running 4.4.4 stock rom. I suffer from sudden signal loss and 3g data connection disruption with both devices and I occasionally lose some calls due to the same problem.
So in the need to come down to a solution I swapped sim card with a new one and started to thoroughly test the devices through different areas with eterogeneous coverage but, as a result, I still get mobile connection losses while browsing and subtle drops in signal strength with either a weak or a strong signal coverage.
I afterwards found that this signal loss problem is very common with motogs 1st generation about which there doesn't seem to be an official solution:
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/48fb0b8150?page=63
http://techknowzone.com/how-to-solve...torola-moto-g/

I wonder if CM11 brings a solution to these connection woes. So does anyone with similar problems has found any evidence of a better signal stability with CM11?
I might give it a try, but as of now I am worried about breaking the warranty..

Ok, no one replied, hence I'm in the process to return both phones. As a former owner of a Moto defy+ I had to bear the RIL bug for years just to find out that I will have to live with similar (if not worse) problems with motog! This is not acceptable. There are so many defective xt* devices around that it is unlikely that motogs do not suffer from a bad design and a very low quality assurance. I was eager to stay with quarkx's CM1x develpoment but this just too much for me.
24th February 2015, 01:47 AM   |  #527  
Thanks Meter: 17

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btwin

Ok, no one replied, hence I'm in the process to return both phones. As a former owner of a Moto defy+ I had to bear the RIL bug for years just to find out that I will have to live with similar (if not worse) problems with motog! This is not acceptable. There are so many defective xt* devices around that it is unlikely that motogs do not suffer from a bad design and a very low quality assurance. I was eager to stay with quarkx's CM1x develpoment but this just too much for me.

hey, did you end up trying any custom roms? with most of them my connection is never cutting out
The Following User Says Thank You to dustcollector69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2015, 05:59 AM   |  #528  
Flag Follonica

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustcollector69

hey, did you end up trying any custom roms? with most of them my connection is never cutting out

I think I'll try cm11/cm12 on the xt1032 and will write something here if connection issues improve.

The Following User Says Thank You to btwin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread