Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android L 5.0 Port for Moto G Community Project

Tip us?

TotesMyGoats
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Dudes need to chill and stop being so negative. If it really can't be done, let these guys find that out for themselves. Stop telling them it's impossible, because it isn't. And saying that to port a rom requires you to have a rom for that device with the same version is a flat out lie. XDA was BUILT on giving devices updates that manufacturers weren't going to bother with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TotesMyGoats For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NextGenGTR
Old
Thanks Meter 91
it got ported to htc one so why not the moto g
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NextGenGTR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apelamod
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenGTR View Post
it got ported to htc one so why not the moto g
Yes I thinking that too... Why not moto g?

Xavier102296
Old
Thanks Meter 8
People are just negative imo

pico hackr
Old
(Last edited by pico hackr; 13th July 2014 at 06:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1491
ya its really true my htc explorer got 2.3.5 while manufacturing but what i am using right now is 4.4.4 so just dont tell its impossible without sources , You cant tell its impossible without giving it a try , so avoid negative thoughts

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

a best way to get a working port is to gather a group of best developers ( i cant tell who is best because all you guys are daam awesome so i would love to request you all ) in moto g development and every one must work together to make this work , its hard for a single dev to maintain all the stuffs together . If every one works together all the bugs will be fixed soon and its duty of users to provide logcat to dev's to fix the bugs

vhngu930
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pico hackr View Post
ya its really true my htc explorer got 2.3.5 while manufacturing but what i am using right now is 4.4.4 so just dont tell its impossible without sources , You cant tell its impossible without giving it a try , so avoid negative thoughts

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

a best way to get a working port is to gather a group of best developers ( i cant tell who is best because all you guys are daam awesome so i would love to request you all ) in moto g development and every one must work together to make this work , its hard for a single dev to maintain all the stuffs together . If every one works together all the bugs will be fixed soon and its duty of users to provide logcat to dev's to fix the bugs
So how do we start?

Saphire007
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default port

yes indeed, the HTC one istn't even a google phone. It should be easyer to port it to the moto g then porting it to an htc device

Sgt-Hartley
Old
Thanks Meter 74
From what I've seen regarding the ports of android l is that it requires a lot of mods to kernel/ramdisk so unless people know what they are really doing its not going to boot.. I tried this yesterday for the hell of it and all I can get it to do is get past the google logo but then black screen and nothing. The android l porting team have put the kernel they use up on git but I don't have time to figure it all out.. But good look guys

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fermasia
Old
(Last edited by fermasia; 16th July 2014 at 04:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 152
What's the point of assembling an Android L Moto G porting team... If no qualified dev is even interested in it? Not trying to discourage anything. Just saying if someone's interested in trying to do it... Just go ahead. But opening a thread about it, is just fooling around and pointless chit-chat...
This is not a project, this is just a bunch of guys wishing Android L in their phones... that's all.
Those saying it's all about not being negative about it... Probably think developement is a matter of faith and wishing for things hard enough (??).
It's much simpler. Name one qualified dev that thinks this is even possible and worth trying. If the answer is none... Then, it's settled.
Moto G [XT1032] / Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" [P3110] - Argentina