OP ==vj==

4th November 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 721

688 posts
More
AOSP 5.0 based News

The much anticipated Android L is now live on AOSP. That's something very exciting.

COMPLETE ANDROID 5.0 L SOURCE : HERE
Code:
 repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-5.0.0_r1
Google ads few more tags for the source ending with r2, r3, r4, r5, r6 and r7.

The King of Rooting "Chainfire" manages to root Android L which was earlier lot in discussions about the difficulty in rooting Android L. Head on HERE for more info.

Omnirom manages to boot on Lollipop for Nexus 7. Head on here for info

CM12 project has initiated creating msm8226 branches bringing in some more excitement to the table Official Changelogs

CHANGELOG from KitKat to Lollipop . and R1-R7

@SeannyM manages to boot lollipop CM12 for Moto G 2013 Still a work in progress. Visit ROM thread here.

More Lollipop ROM's based of CM12/AOSP by:
Code:
Alberto : Link  
Anerik :Link
StrangeWeather :Link
Matrinusbe :Link
Teamex :Link
Lollipop Kernels by:
Code:
Teamex :Link
Fermasia :Link
Make XT1033 adapt to CM12 single sim: Guide. Thanks @padhu1989

One of the reputed developer of Moto G "QUARX" is also working on Android L and about to be accomplished. Visit here for Info Thanks @abhifx and @Sandivisi for the info.

Extras: XDA users willing to gear up in compiling kernel can refer to the Guide by @YoshiShaPow for MotoG specific compilation. My earlier mention about "CYGWIN_guide" unfortunately can't be used to compile kernel 3.4.x

Moto G -Android L stock News

Rollout for Moto X and G 2014 begins.

Release Notes information from Motorola can be found in Motorola Official Blog

Chainfire has released an easy rooting kit for MOTOROLA variants. Grab it for your Moto G. Thanks @abhi0502 for sharing this info.

Brazilian Motorola cust support website reveals 5.0 release notes for G2 and G1. Visit this post for more. To add more here goes twitter confirmation from moto brasil. Screenshot here Thanks @MarckozZ

All about soak experience. Visit HERE

SOURCE OF INFO : XDA NEWS , GITHUB and GOOGLE
Last edited by ==vj==; 26th November 2014 at 02:17 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ==vj== For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 85

131 posts
More
Wowow this stuff is all so exciting! May not even have to restore to stock as right now I'm running CM11
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cryptoncore For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #3  
Flag Knox, PA
Thanks Meter: 60

150 posts
More
Oh boy, I'm all giddy like a little kid again. This wait for Lollipop in general to come out has been so painstaking yet I know the wait will be worth it. It really doesn't help me personally since I had a port of the developer preview a few months ago on my Nexus 4 before I broke it, it was just a fleeting taste of it. xD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fireball0093 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 116

699 posts
More
Now just somebody needs to build aosp rom for moto g
4th November 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 30

76 posts
Theres so much that needs to be pushed yet, like A LOT...Theres simply too much hype building out there...
4th November 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Goa

688 posts
More
I was wondering whether the device tree would remain same OR it needs to be re-based as done by dhacker earlier. Hope not, else its gonna be another major milestone to reach out android L.

As per some newsfeed available at Google, the CyanogenMod team is likely to begin with L in December with CM12 nightlies. Meanwhile can't say the moto g stock may arrive as they are ready with it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ==vj== For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #7  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 356

612 posts
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ==vj==

I was wondering whether the device tree would remain same OR it needs to be re-based as done by dhacker earlier. Hope not, else its gonna be another major milestone to reach out android L.

As per some newsfeed available at Google, the CyanogenMod team is likely to begin with L in December with CM12 nightlies. Meanwhile can't say the moto g stock may arrive as they are ready with it

Obviously it will have to be re-based and addapted to our device, since it has to have some tweaks for CPU, camera, audio, display, sensors, blabla etc... So it will pass some time after we can get our hands to a 5.0 build.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarckozZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th November 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 609

1,203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckozZ

Obviously it will have to be re-based and addapted to our device, since it has to have some tweaks for CPU, camera, audio, display, sensors, blabla etc... So it will pass some time after we can get our hands to a 5.0 build.

Guess what.... Quarx is already on the job
Check his fb page
4th November 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #9  
Flag Here & Now
Thanks Meter: 356

612 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by reversegear

Guess what.... Quarx is already on the job
Check his fb page

Can you tell mw who is Quarx? Than name sound familiar

EDIT: I remember him from Defy forum....

EDIT 2: He is working on Lollipop for Defy, not for Moto G right now...
Last edited by MarckozZ; 4th November 2014 at 10:28 PM.
5th November 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Goa

688 posts
More
Quarx is also a developer holding CM thread here for Moto G. And kernel by Blechdose in combination.

Regarding whether he's onto Android L , no idea yet. But Anderson - N5XPA developer is onto L as of now with his first build for Nexus.

But yeah again, for Nexus its easy since everything is set readymade from Google, just compile and build. Whilst for our Moto G needs to be set first with device tree. So this is a major milestone as of now to our developers. Correct me if I am wrong at any point
Last edited by ==vj==; 5th November 2014 at 03:36 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ==vj== For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread