FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

Android L for the Moto G?

Thanks Meter: 9

By Elador, Member on 26th June 2014, 08:08 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm curious, now that the developer preview ROM is out for the Nexus 5:
  • Will it be possible to adapt the Nexus 5 image to work on the Moto G?
  • Does someone already have a plan to do it?

26th June 2014, 09:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 920

More
There is no point in using Android L until it's release, it is just a developer preview, to allow devs to make the apps compatible faster.
If you are desperate to try it, you could always use the Android sdk tools and try it in adt.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
26th June 2014, 09:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A port would be awesome though! Just tried Android L on the nexus 7 and it's really nice! Feels much better
26th June 2014, 10:32 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlt96

There is no point in using Android L until it's release, it is just a developer preview, to allow devs to make the apps compatible faster.
If you are desperate to try it, you could always use the Android sdk tools and try it in adt.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I know it's only a preview, but it would be nice to try it, and maybe it works better that one would think.

I guess my main question is if we have to wait until Google releases the source code, or if there's any possibility for ROM-devs to do something with the Nexus 5 ROM for other devices.
27th June 2014, 01:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Why would devs waste time on such a useless endeavour? Your question really puzzles me…
27th June 2014, 02:10 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 626

More
Google isn't releasing the source for 'L' until the public release so the ROM from a Nexus 5 is likely to be of much help. Plus, the developer preview is pretty unfinished and buggy so I don't know the point.
27th June 2014, 09:21 AM |#7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 2,605

More
There already is a thread about this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...oid-l-t2794615

Thread closed.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread