Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Want to save more battry and Ram..

OP jbanti

9th July 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #1  
jbanti's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Aurangabad
Thanks Meter: 66
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Its Very Easy....
1) Use Greenify (We All know About it)
Second Method Is Below.
>Go To
A)Settings
B)Apps
C)Click Any Apps And Select Any Pre Installed App
(Ex.. Google Play Games or Any other app which you Use Rarely)
Now click Disable To Disable It...
Tadaaa its Done.. Now Disable what u want And Save More Battry And Ram.
You Can Also Enable It. :beer:
Last edited by jbanti; 9th July 2014 at 05:45 AM.
9th July 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
dont want to be an ass

but.......

being root you can delete those system apps like google music, movies, books, etc, all that crap bloatware

i believe if you restart the phone they will be active again, so it is better to delete them, also titanium backup can freeze those apps
9th July 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Using App Quarantine myself to disable unwanted apps.
If you are rooted you can even freeze apps that usually can not be frozen.
After a restart the apps remain frozen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....appquarantine
9th July 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #4  
jbanti's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Aurangabad
Thanks Meter: 66
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurocds

dont want to be an ass

but.......

being root you can delete those system apps like google music, movies, books, etc, all that crap bloatware

i believe if you restart the phone they will be active again, so it is better to delete them, also titanium backup can freeze those apps

Itz For NoN Rooted User (Noob)

Sent from my XT1033
9th July 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurocds

i believe if you restart the phone they will be active again, so it is better to delete them, also titanium backup can freeze those apps

No, they will stay disabled even after OTA. Only factory reset brings them back.
Very good way for those without root.
The Following User Says Thank You to bookworth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworth

No, they will stay disabled even after OTA. Only factory reset brings them back.
Very good way for those without root.

so even if critical apps are disabled on stock , locked , unrooted xt1032, OTA will still be successful?
wont fail due to missing critical system apps?
10th July 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvatrix

so even if critical apps are disabled on stock , locked , unrooted xt1032, OTA will still be successful?
wont fail due to missing critical system apps?

You can not disable critical system apps. Just try and you will see.
10th July 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #8  
Bazilli's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
You can disable apps same way from Android too, it is feature.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
10th July 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
what about disabling Google Services Framework?
is this a critical system app?
i am able to disable it.
10th July 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #10  
Bazilli's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvatrix

what about disabling Google Services Framework?
is this a critical system app?
i am able to disable it.

Then you kill play and bunch of other features, not a good idea.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes