Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 40,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod on XT1031 (Boost Mobile) With Working MMS!

Tip us?
 
Stryeguy
Old
(Last edited by Stryeguy; 29th June 2014 at 01:05 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 208
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default CyanogenMod on XT1031 (Boost Mobile) With Working MMS!

I managed to find an MMS fix for the XT1031! Tested and confirmed working by myself.

Download the ZIP here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sswq6aw5uh...31-MMS-FIX.zip

Flash after flashing CM, and voila! Working MMS! This should also work with other CM-based ROMs (maybe AOSP too?) but I can neither confirm nor deny it, seeing as how I have only tried the fix on CM11 thus far.

Enjoy!

Be sure to jump over to Shad Ryshad's G+ and hit +1 - if it weren't for his post, I would have never known about it:
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/+S...6zfi8&sview=25
 
highspeedfelon
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Thanks

Thanks for this. Id I decide to unlock the bootloader on this phone I will be sure to give this a try.
 
Stryeguy
Old
(Last edited by Stryeguy; 29th June 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 208
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedfelon View Post
Thanks for this. Id I decide to unlock the bootloader on this phone I will be sure to give this a try.
You're welcome - I have been banging my head over this since day one and I was very pleased to see that XT1031 users weren't completely screwed in regards to MMS on CM11.

:cheers:
 
highspeedfelon
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryeguy View Post
You're welcome - I have been banging my head over this since day one and I was very pleased to see XT1031 users weren't completely screwed in regards to MMS on CM11.

:cheers:
Does boost mobile show up as the carrier label for this because a fix I tried on a different Moto G showed up as Virgin Mobile or verizon
 
Stryeguy
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 208
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedfelon View Post
Does boost mobile show up as the carrier label for this because a fix I tried on a different Moto G showed up as Virgin Mobile or verizon
Yes, Boost Mobile does show up as the carrier label .
 
Deathtoflesh
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 152
Join Date: Feb 2013
Does this fix MMS for the stock messaging app? My boy SuperR over at AF is working on a unified ROM fix for the xt1031 :
 
Stryeguy
Old
(Last edited by Stryeguy; 29th June 2014 at 01:06 AM.)
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 208
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathtoflesh View Post
Does this fix MMS for the stock messaging app? My boy SuperR over at AF is working on a unified ROM fix for the xt1031 :
I use Hangouts as my default messaging app, and it works with that, so it should work with messager.apk.

The only caveat is when you send a mms/sms, a toast message will pop up saying insert sim, but the mms/sms will send without hassle.
 
Deathtoflesh
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 152
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryeguy View Post
I use Hangouts as my default messaging app, and it works with that, so it should work with messager.apk.

The only caveat is when you send a mms/sms, a toast message will pop up saying insert sim, but the mms/sms will send without hassle.
Coo, is this an apns-conf.xml & build. Prop mod?

My boys over at Androidforums have made a fix as well that edits both of those files. There currently trying to get it working for all Roms that are out as of now.

This fix gives you that toast msg as well when using hangouts if I remember correctly.
 
Stryeguy
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 208
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathtoflesh View Post
Coo, is this an apns-conf.xml & build. Prop mod?

My boys over at Androidforums have made a fix as well that edits both of those files. There currently trying to get it working for all Roms that are out as of now.

This fix gives you that toast msg as well when using hangouts if I remember correctly.
It looks to me that this .ZIP modifies the build.prop to add Boost Mobile APN fixes.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more