Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi tether for the Verizon Moto G 4.4.4

Tip us?
 
James L
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peoria

 
DONATE TO ME
Smile Wifi tether for the Verizon Moto G 4.4.4

How to wifi tether on the Moto G Verizon 4.4.4 with no root


1. Download Airdroid app from the Google playstore.

2. Open the app and register.

3. Once you have registered click on tools within the app and locate hotspot or the tethering icon.

4. Press either or and enjoy!

I liked the hotspot option better, both do the same but the hotspot looks cooler lol.
I hope this helps people who need to tether. Worked fine on my Windows laptop.

Hit the thanks button if i helped.
,

I don't know what other devices this will work on, so post your device if it's other then a Moto G Verizon 4.4.4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James L For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
@SidDev
Old
#2  
@SidDev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 369
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Default :)

Old but can help newbies .
happy to help you .
 
pm.mohanani@gmail.com
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
How to wifi tether on the Moto G Verizon 4.4.4 with no root


1. Download Airdroid app from the Google playstore.

2. Open the app and register.

3. Once you have registered click on tools within the app and locate hotspot or the tethering icon.

4. Press either or and enjoy!

I liked the hotspot option better, both do the same but the hotspot looks cooler lol.
I hope this helps people who need to tether. Worked fine on my Windows laptop.

Hit the thanks button if i helped.
,

I don't know what other devices this will work on, so post your device if it's other then a Moto G Verizon 4.4.4

i have moto G 4.4.2 boost mobile.
Using it in INDIA.
with Carrier : Reliance

But not able to use Hotspot and bluetoth tethering...

Can you please help me to make it enable..

it will be a great help dear.



Waiting....
 
James L
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peoria

 
DONATE TO ME
Root the device and then use Wifi Tether router from Google Play store.. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fp...uter%26hl%3Den
 
pm.mohanani@gmail.com
Old
(Last edited by pm.mohanani@gmail.com; 26th August 2014 at 04:04 AM.) Reason: adddition
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
Root the device and then use Wifi Tether router from Google Play store.. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fp...uter%26hl%3Den
Yeah that one is PAID APP.
ANd that did the Miracle. and it WOrked like a CHArM

but there was 1 flaw.

there's a problem that i faced..

When i set the Security type to WAP or any security , then have to set the passwd.


but when connecting, the connecting device was showing the open network & got connected,
so anybody will b able to access my data ... which is not fare

this is a flaw ..
(using MOTO G of boost mobile (UNLOCKEd) in BHARAT (INDIA))

Works fine..
but dear, there's a problem that i faced..

When set the Security type to WAP or any security , then and have to set the passwd.

but the connecting device was showing the open network & got connected,
so anybody will b able to access my data ... which is not fare

this is a flaw ..
(using MOTO G of boost mobile (UNLOCKEd) in BHARAT (INDIA))

Will purchase again if it works fine.... and password error is solved.

Thank you for your help dear.


---------------********&*&***______________
also my more(1/3 of amount) got deducted before getting said amount(Original) charged...

any idea what was that for.,..
 
James L
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peoria

 
DONATE TO ME
I'm not real sure how you could fix the security of the wifi other then contacting the apps developer. As far as charges the same... Contact the developer.
I'm glad it worked for you though
 
pm.mohanani@gmail.com
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
I'm not real sure how you could fix the security of the wifi other then contacting the apps developer. As far as charges the same... Contact the developer.
I'm glad it worked for you though
Thank you for guidance

It's working like a charm...
WiFi thethering is working best.

Am out is not the problem... But the thing that it works is a lot much more of what expected.
Only about USB tethering is not working.
Requsted the developer to upgrade it ...


Tags
4.4.4, android, moto g verizon, no root, wifi tether
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes