FORUMS

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

OnePlus 2 Leaked, Actually Prettier Than Expected

The OnePlus 2 launch event is mere hours away, and we have been treated to clear, … more

[Q] Dialup in moto G

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By psbankar, Junior Member on 14th July 2014, 10:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I previously owned HTC Desire V handset which had an awesome Internet-pass-through feature in it by which i could use the internet from my pc to my mobile(ofcoz i dont have any sort of wifi). This feature is lacking in moto g. i tried it by reverse tethering but it requires root which dont have. today morning when i connected my bsnl router to my android via OTG, it opened up the modem settings page!!!! which means android supports it. but the only question is- how do i dialup my connection from android to connect it to internet???

14th July 2014, 12:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
If you have a router why do you need a wired connection to the phone and Also how exactly did you connect your modem to the phone
14th July 2014, 11:30 PM |#3  
Salem
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspreet997

If you have a router why do you need a wired connection to the phone and Also how exactly did you connect your modem to the phone

He may be having the dial-up modem not the router with Wi-Fi antenna.
15th July 2014, 06:53 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag khopoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalbalaji

He may be having the dial-up modem not the router with Wi-Fi antenna.

exactly what i was meaning to say. you understood my problem correctly
16th July 2014, 02:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Have you checked into PDAnet? Its an app that runs on your PC and one for the phone and allows you to use the phones data connection on the PC. I used it for a short time to just see if it worked and removed it and can not remember if root was required or not but it should allow faster speeds than using dial-up.
16th July 2014, 07:29 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag khopoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedfelon

Have you checked into PDAnet? Its an app that runs on your PC and one for the phone and allows you to use the phones data connection on the PC. I used it for a short time to just see if it worked and removed it and can not remember if root was required or not but it should allow faster speeds than using dial-up.

I have to use the internet from my pc on the phone and not the reverse. also i dont want to root my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread