Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dialup in moto G

Tip us?

psbankar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dialup in moto G

I previously owned HTC Desire V handset which had an awesome Internet-pass-through feature in it by which i could use the internet from my pc to my mobile(ofcoz i dont have any sort of wifi). This feature is lacking in moto g. i tried it by reverse tethering but it requires root which dont have. today morning when i connected my bsnl router to my android via OTG, it opened up the modem settings page!!!! which means android supports it. but the only question is- how do i dialup my connection from android to connect it to internet???

jaspreet997
Old
Thanks Meter 108
If you have a router why do you need a wired connection to the phone and Also how exactly did you connect your modem to the phone

nirmalbalaji
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspreet997 View Post
If you have a router why do you need a wired connection to the phone and Also how exactly did you connect your modem to the phone
He may be having the dial-up modem not the router with Wi-Fi antenna.

psbankar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalbalaji View Post
He may be having the dial-up modem not the router with Wi-Fi antenna.
exactly what i was meaning to say. you understood my problem correctly

highspeedfelon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Have you checked into PDAnet? Its an app that runs on your PC and one for the phone and allows you to use the phones data connection on the PC. I used it for a short time to just see if it worked and removed it and can not remember if root was required or not but it should allow faster speeds than using dial-up.

psbankar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedfelon View Post
Have you checked into PDAnet? Its an app that runs on your PC and one for the phone and allows you to use the phones data connection on the PC. I used it for a short time to just see if it worked and removed it and can not remember if root was required or not but it should allow faster speeds than using dial-up.
I have to use the internet from my pc on the phone and not the reverse. also i dont want to root my phone.