Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dialup in moto G

OP psbankar

14th July 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I previously owned HTC Desire V handset which had an awesome Internet-pass-through feature in it by which i could use the internet from my pc to my mobile(ofcoz i dont have any sort of wifi). This feature is lacking in moto g. i tried it by reverse tethering but it requires root which dont have. today morning when i connected my bsnl router to my android via OTG, it opened up the modem settings page!!!! which means android supports it. but the only question is- how do i dialup my connection from android to connect it to internet???
14th July 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 171

559 posts
If you have a router why do you need a wired connection to the phone and Also how exactly did you connect your modem to the phone
15th July 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #3  
Salem
Thanks Meter: 39

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspreet997

If you have a router why do you need a wired connection to the phone and Also how exactly did you connect your modem to the phone

He may be having the dial-up modem not the router with Wi-Fi antenna.
15th July 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalbalaji

He may be having the dial-up modem not the router with Wi-Fi antenna.

exactly what i was meaning to say. you understood my problem correctly
16th July 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

19 posts
Have you checked into PDAnet? Its an app that runs on your PC and one for the phone and allows you to use the phones data connection on the PC. I used it for a short time to just see if it worked and removed it and can not remember if root was required or not but it should allow faster speeds than using dial-up.
16th July 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeedfelon

Have you checked into PDAnet? Its an app that runs on your PC and one for the phone and allows you to use the phones data connection on the PC. I used it for a short time to just see if it worked and removed it and can not remember if root was required or not but it should allow faster speeds than using dial-up.

I have to use the internet from my pc on the phone and not the reverse. also i dont want to root my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread