Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION] Do you think that microsd slots slow down the device?

Tip us?

FalconMaster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [DISCUSSION] Do you think that microsd slots slow down the device?

It is true? Google said that right? Nexus devices, Moto X & G has'nt slots, well, some people says that is due to Google wanting to sell Google Drive storage, but Moto X & G comes with free 50GB storage(i never owned a Nexus and dont know if they give free storage for Nexus) , and i guess that 66GB is pretty good for a phone. What do you think about it?

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app

neu - smurph
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Sort of true, if only in that if you compared two otherwise identical phones, one with 32GB internal and one with 16GB internal plus 16GB microSD, the second would be fractionally slower in booting up, and fractionally slower in accessing files stored on the external SD.

Access to files in the cloud will be slower than either of the above.

vlt96
Old
Thanks Meter 850
I have experience with 3 devices:

1. LG Optimus One, which had 170MB internal memory, so everything was on SD Card. It booted fast, but then I had to wait 2 minutes for SD apps to appear and then a few more seconds for the SD to be fully usable.

2. Galaxy S3 mini, which had 8 GB internal storage + 8GB SD card. It booted fast, all apps useful, but it lagged until the SD was mounted and any apps loaded before had horrible crashes, or redraws, you just had to wait like 30 seconds for the SD to mount and 10 more to be usable.

3. Moto G. No SD, it boots, it works.

Depending on the device and memory used, the SD might be boosting (it did on the P500), but it slowed down my S3 mini, and I only had my music on it.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Motorola Moto G 4G (XT1039) [peregrine]

Past devices:
3. Moto G 16GB dual SIM (XT1033) [falcon]

Got in the sea with it in my pocket, goodbye

2. Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (GT I8190) - great development, bad battery, awesome phone to have as an XDA member, bad phone to have if you rely on Samsung, never rely on Samsung [golden]
1. LG Optimus One P500 - 4 year old budget device, still has KitKat o.O [thunderg/p500]

The post that will make your day is NOT THE BUTTON BELOW