FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Fake Touches

218 posts
Thanks Meter: 233

By nihil0, Senior Member on 16th October 2014, 10:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
A friend of me tested his Moto-G with my app with the Nexus7II Fake Touch tester and he reported that the Mot-G has fake touch issues also with the measuring pictures like the Nexus7II does. He also told me, that in real life he has absolutely no problem with his Moto-G.

I think, however it is not a real life issue, it is interesting to know, that Moto-G has the same touch technology (and problems with it) as Nexus7II does.

The app: http://goo.gl/qn8qTB

xda-developers thread: http://goo.gl/KBSc43
Last edited by nihil0; 29th October 2014 at 07:07 AM.

18th October 2014, 01:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
People say that it might be fake but others say it's legit
18th October 2014, 02:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm not sure if this legitimate either, which is bit confusing.
6th January 2015, 11:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihil0

A friend of me tested his Moto-G with my app with the Nexus7II Fake Touch tester and he reported that the Mot-G has fake touch issues also with the measuring pictures like the Nexus7II does. He also told me, that in real life he has absolutely no problem with his Moto-G.

I just tested my Moto G LTE (model XT1039 peregrine, stock ROM KXB21.14-L1.56) with Nexus 7 II Tester with all 20 patterns and I can report that XT1039's touch screen controller isn't affected by this well documented Nexus 7 2013 TSC bug at all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambigkiwi

People say that it might be fake but others say it's legit

Nexus 7 II Tester is legit app, read more about N7II flawed LCD/touch panel combo in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1472.
Last edited by _jis_; 6th January 2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: build number
6th January 2015, 03:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
On my XT1032 from UK the digitizer stoped working on both the app and web page test i'm kind of confused, is that bad?

edit: okay I tried other patterns this time and it seems that only the first and the third pattern make my digitizer stops...
Last edited by nikolov47; 6th January 2015 at 03:56 PM.
7th January 2015, 04:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Interesting.
Just visisted the page on my XT1032 and the phone instantly begins making touches everywhere, pulling on the notifications tab etc...

Maybe this is the reason why the touchscreen behaves kind of weird when the phone is connected to the charger...
7th January 2015, 04:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrbpt

Interesting.
Just visisted the page on my XT1032 and the phone instantly begins making touches everywhere, pulling on the notifications tab etc...

Maybe this is the reason why the touchscreen behaves kind of weird when the phone is connected to the charger...

Are you sure it happens only when charging? Mine doesn't do that but AFAIK that happens because the charger you're using its providing more voltage than required (happened to me when used a Galaxy Tab charger)
8th January 2015, 09:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
This test messed the touch screen always, I didn't need to have the phone charging to notice the fake touches.
I'm only saying that I have some problems with the touchscreen while charging, not necessarily using this app.
But if the charger is giving more than enough voltage that seems kind of dangerous. I will check on that.
12th January 2015, 08:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My touch also acts weird every time when charging through PC USB and/or while charging with an unknown Chinese charge that provides 500mAh on 5V... But with original Sony charger it doesn't happens every time...

Maybe it's some kind of hardware and software glitch.
12th January 2015, 10:06 AM |#10  
Liberec
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Like many others - digitizer was behaving weird while charging, only this time with an original Apple charger. No-name chinese chargers seem to be fine

This is however not what the OP had in mind. Try the web test - a simple webpage can temporalily disable your digitizer.
12th January 2015, 11:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I only have the problem while charging when I'm using a chinese (no-brand) charger. It does not happen when using original moto g charger or the LG charger.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread