Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google now launcher is available for Motorola g

OP maccboy2010

13th August 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 83

231 posts
More
Google now will always drain your battery because it wakes the phone very much.
18th August 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
i noticed higher usage of RAM too but nothing noticable irl and after optimizing, i free RAM just as much as I could with stick launcher. as for battery, I actually get better battery with GNL than stock launcher. as for whole nova vs gnl, do you like your launcher? are you productive with it? yes? great! then shut up with your whining. people use their phones in drastically different ways so they have different needs. do you think that there will be somebody who just makes phone calls and write text messages want to mess around with nova launcher? no! do you think there is someone who is customizing his/her phone and getting most of his/her phone want to use gnl? maybe for 5 minutes!
18th August 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 607

1,991 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PomstaZLesa

i noticed higher usage of RAM too but nothing noticable irl and after optimizing, i free RAM just as much as I could with stick launcher. as for battery, I actually get better battery with GNL than stock launcher. as for whole nova vs gnl, do you like your launcher? are you productive with it? yes? great! then shut up with your whining. people use their phones in drastically different ways so they have different needs. do you think that there will be somebody who just makes phone calls and write text messages want to mess around with nova launcher? no! do you think there is someone who is customizing his/her phone and getting most of his/her phone want to use gnl? maybe for 5 minutes!

Yeah, some people think that something is garbage because they use a different launcher. Neither GNL nor Nova is garbage. They are just different. Personally, the only issue I have with GNL is sometimes going back to the home screen causes a complete redraw of the screen. I have yet to see this with Nova.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread