Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google now launcher is available for Motorola g

Tip us?

dorwoo
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Google now will always drain your battery because it wakes the phone very much.

PomstaZLesa
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i noticed higher usage of RAM too but nothing noticable irl and after optimizing, i free RAM just as much as I could with stick launcher. as for battery, I actually get better battery with GNL than stock launcher. as for whole nova vs gnl, do you like your launcher? are you productive with it? yes? great! then shut up with your whining. people use their phones in drastically different ways so they have different needs. do you think that there will be somebody who just makes phone calls and write text messages want to mess around with nova launcher? no! do you think there is someone who is customizing his/her phone and getting most of his/her phone want to use gnl? maybe for 5 minutes!

bozzykid
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by PomstaZLesa View Post
i noticed higher usage of RAM too but nothing noticable irl and after optimizing, i free RAM just as much as I could with stick launcher. as for battery, I actually get better battery with GNL than stock launcher. as for whole nova vs gnl, do you like your launcher? are you productive with it? yes? great! then shut up with your whining. people use their phones in drastically different ways so they have different needs. do you think that there will be somebody who just makes phone calls and write text messages want to mess around with nova launcher? no! do you think there is someone who is customizing his/her phone and getting most of his/her phone want to use gnl? maybe for 5 minutes!
Yeah, some people think that something is garbage because they use a different launcher. Neither GNL nor Nova is garbage. They are just different. Personally, the only issue I have with GNL is sometimes going back to the home screen causes a complete redraw of the screen. I have yet to see this with Nova.