FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Guide] [Video] Flash Android 5.1 Lollipop GPe on Moto G [XT1033 & XT1032] NO ROOT

3rd April 2015, 10:28 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Here's a complete step-by-step guide to Install the NEW Android 5.1 Lollipop on Motorola Moto G 1st Gen XT1033 and XT1032 Variants.

Backup your phone before following the procedure as you'll loose all your data.

Prerequisites for your Moto G :-
1. Unlocked Bootloader

Prerequisites for your PC (Doesn't work on MAC) :-
1. Motorola Device Manager (Motorola Drivers)
2. Universal ADB Driver

Downloads :-
1. Stock Android to GPe.rar
Mega Link :- http://goo.gl/pl1FHT
Torrent :- http://goo.gl/S1BRqH
2. Android 5.1.rar :- http://goo.gl/wntRZu
3. Motorola Device Manager (Motorola Drivers) :- http://goo.gl/7GLlMo
4. Universal ADB Driver - http://download.clockworkmod.com/tes...iverSetup6.msi
5. Network Fix Only - http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/IsBlxpni/file.html

Youtube Video :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwsdN66spM

Complete Guide (In case, you didn't Understand something in the Video)

1. First download and extract the two files a)Stock Android to GPe.rar and b)Android 5.1.rar
2. Power Off! your phone and boot to bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down Key and Power button simultaneously and connect it to your PC.
3. In the Stock Android to GPe folder (that you extracted) run the Android 5.x TO 4.4.4 GPE.bat file if you are on any Android Lollipop version or ANY KK FIRMWARE TO 4.4.4 GPE.bat if you are on Kitkat.
4. After the flashing is complete and Moto G boots into the Android 4.4.4 Welcome screen , just POWER OFF the device.
5. Again boot into Bootloader and then Press the Volume Down Button followed by Volume UP button to select Recovery.
When you see the Android logo with Exclamation mark, HOLD the Volume UP button and then press the Power button (1-2 times) to boot into Stock Recovery.
Now press Volume Down Button followed by Power button to select "Install Update from ADB".
6. Now connect your phone to PC.In the Stock Android to GPe folder (that you extracted) run the SIDELOAD LOLLIPOP.bat file to sideload Android 5.0.1 GPe.
7. After it is complete and you see "Install from ADB Complete" on your phone select Reboot System by pressing the Power Button.
8. After the flashing is complete and Moto G boots into the Android 5.0.1 Welcome screen , FOLLOW STEPS 4-5 AGAIN.TO GET INTO RECOVERY THIS TIME, PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AND THEN THE VOLUME UP BUTTON INSTEAD OF HOLDING VOLUME UP AND THEN PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON.
9. Now connect your phone to PC.In the Android 5.1 folder (that you extracted) run the Install OTA.bat file to sideload Android 5.1 GPe.
10. After it is complete and you see "Install from ADB Complete" on your phone select Reboot System by pressing the Power Button.
You have successfully Installed ANDROID 5.1 on your MOTO G.

NETWORK FIX (ONLY FOR XT1033 USERS) :-
1. After the flashing is complete and Moto G boots into the Android 5.1 Welcome screen , just POWER OFF the device.
2. Boot into Bootloader and Run the NETWORK FIX.bat from XT1033 folder in Stock Android to GPe folder.
3. Reboot

That's it..
Enjoy your smooth and fast new LOLLIPOP....

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :-

1. Why is the Stock Android to GPe.rar 800 MB in size?
Ans - It has both Android 4.4.4 GPe and Android 5.0.1 GPe firmware zip files.So,it is 800MB in size.

2. Why do I need to flash Android 5.1 when I already have Android 5.0.2 Lollipop?
Ans - .As you know , we all are fed up with the stock Android Lollipop 5.0.2 since it has so many bugs.Android 5.1 GPe provides True Lollipop experience.It is 100% Smooth and Bugless.

3. Will both the sims work for the Moto G XT1033?
Ans - No, only single sim will work.Android 5.1 GPe doesn't support Dual Sim.
Last edited by gargsamanyou; 7th April 2015 at 07:55 PM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gargsamanyou For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th April 2015, 04:30 AM |#2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up
Thanks a lot man....
Very helpful guide..I have been looking for this for the last 2 days..
Great Step-by-Step Explanation!!
4th April 2015, 07:05 AM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 41

More
working method and all links
@gargsamanyou thanks a lot dear...complete guide...
4th April 2015, 09:20 AM |#4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nworoid

Yup, worked for me...Just flashed it..
4th April 2015, 09:25 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am already on GPE 5.0.1 on my XT1033....i flashed it in december itself...Now when i try to sideload 5.1 on my device it shows an Error 7 status and the installation aborts...what to do?
4th April 2015, 09:32 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneek95

I am already on GPE 5.0.1 on my XT1033....i flashed it in december itself...Now when i try to sideload 5.1 on my device it shows an Error 7 status and the installation aborts...what to do?

That's because of the mismatching of the modems.
Follow my guide.When you have successfully updated to Android 5.1 then flash the network fix for XT1033 from the files given above.
4th April 2015, 09:33 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nworoid

Glad I could help.
4th April 2015, 10:34 AM |#8  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hey could you please upload only XT1033 folder for network issue? I don't wanna download the entire gpe folder, as i already have it
And those who are unable to enter stock recovery after 5.0.1. Press power button for few seconds and then volume up button. Combo is changed in lollipop.
Thank you
Last edited by himanshu_941; 4th April 2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Troubleshoot
4th April 2015, 12:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is it possible to go back to stock rom from 5.1 GPE ??
4th April 2015, 12:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
soo i have convert my XT1033 and now its on GPE Lollipop 5.0.1 and rooted, i tried flash the 5.1 and it doesn't work even i have unrooted it again. any idea how i done it ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 5.1, android 5.1 moto g, android lollipop
Previous Thread Next Thread