Backup your phone before following the procedure as you'll loose all your data.
Prerequisites for your Moto G :-
1. Unlocked Bootloader
Prerequisites for your PC (Doesn't work on MAC) :-
1. Motorola Device Manager (Motorola Drivers)
2. Universal ADB Driver
1. Stock Android to GPe.rar
Mega Link :- http://goo.gl/pl1FHT
Torrent :- http://goo.gl/S1BRqH
2. Android 5.1.rar :- http://goo.gl/wntRZu
3. Motorola Device Manager (Motorola Drivers) :- http://goo.gl/7GLlMo
4. Universal ADB Driver - http://download.clockworkmod.com/tes...iverSetup6.msi
5. Network Fix Only - http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/IsBlxpni/file.html
Youtube Video :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwsdN66spM
Complete Guide (In case, you didn't Understand something in the Video)
1. First download and extract the two files a)Stock Android to GPe.rar and b)Android 5.1.rar
2. Power Off! your phone and boot to bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down Key and Power button simultaneously and connect it to your PC.
3. In the Stock Android to GPe folder (that you extracted) run the Android 5.x TO 4.4.4 GPE.bat file if you are on any Android Lollipop version or ANY KK FIRMWARE TO 4.4.4 GPE.bat if you are on Kitkat.
4. After the flashing is complete and Moto G boots into the Android 4.4.4 Welcome screen , just POWER OFF the device.
5. Again boot into Bootloader and then Press the Volume Down Button followed by Volume UP button to select Recovery.
When you see the Android logo with Exclamation mark, HOLD the Volume UP button and then press the Power button (1-2 times) to boot into Stock Recovery.
Now press Volume Down Button followed by Power button to select "Install Update from ADB".
6. Now connect your phone to PC.In the Stock Android to GPe folder (that you extracted) run the SIDELOAD LOLLIPOP.bat file to sideload Android 5.0.1 GPe.
7. After it is complete and you see "Install from ADB Complete" on your phone select Reboot System by pressing the Power Button.
8. After the flashing is complete and Moto G boots into the Android 5.0.1 Welcome screen , FOLLOW STEPS 4-5 AGAIN.TO GET INTO RECOVERY THIS TIME, PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AND THEN THE VOLUME UP BUTTON INSTEAD OF HOLDING VOLUME UP AND THEN PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON.
9. Now connect your phone to PC.In the Android 5.1 folder (that you extracted) run the Install OTA.bat file to sideload Android 5.1 GPe.
10. After it is complete and you see "Install from ADB Complete" on your phone select Reboot System by pressing the Power Button.
You have successfully Installed ANDROID 5.1 on your MOTO G.
NETWORK FIX (ONLY FOR XT1033 USERS) :-
1. After the flashing is complete and Moto G boots into the Android 5.1 Welcome screen , just POWER OFF the device.
2. Boot into Bootloader and Run the NETWORK FIX.bat from XT1033 folder in Stock Android to GPe folder.
Enjoy your smooth and fast new LOLLIPOP....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :-
1. Why is the Stock Android to GPe.rar 800 MB in size?
Ans - It has both Android 4.4.4 GPe and Android 5.0.1 GPe firmware zip files.So,it is 800MB in size.
2. Why do I need to flash Android 5.1 when I already have Android 5.0.2 Lollipop?
Ans - .As you know , we all are fed up with the stock Android Lollipop 5.0.2 since it has so many bugs.Android 5.1 GPe provides True Lollipop experience.It is 100% Smooth and Bugless.
3. Will both the sims work for the Moto G XT1033?
Ans - No, only single sim will work.Android 5.1 GPe doesn't support Dual Sim.